Thread: Lt1 HPFP LNF

Tuner in Training

Lt1 HPFP LNF

Hi, I bought an adapter and fuel lines for a lt1 hpfp and I want to run full e85.

My car, 07 Pontiac solstice gxp is running the stock turbo at 24 psi, stock injectors, downpipe, charge pipes and intercooler.

I know that e85 might not see any gains over e47, the main reason I want to run e85is just for convenience.

My question is the following:

Besides increasing the injector constant and tuning the MAF tables, do I need to modify other tables in order to run the lt1 pump?

Thanks.

Tuner in Training
    Bump

Tuner in Training
    Anyone?

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    I don't think so. It would be in your best interest to effectively perform a flow test on vehicle.

This can be done by using afr error.
    Tune in the fueling to reduce error. Then purposely command an additional 10%. If you do not see the error change by 10% then you need to adjust the fueling parameters.

Iirc the hp solenoid is controlled on a pid algorithm using the hpf sensor.

In 2011 I did some really awkward fuel prototyping and ran 2 hpfp units on one control line. It didn't require much change other than base fuel flow calibration. The injector flow in the prototype was really bad because it was twin injector and I fought the ecu for two weeks trying to sort out the injector flow details. Shouldn't be that bad for you though with the single injector.

Potential Tuner
    Hey Salvador! Nice seeing you here!