Thread: 5.3 BTR NSR or Stage 3 cam tune

Potential Tuner

5.3 BTR NSR or Stage 3 cam tune

please forgive my ignorance I'm am new to tuning. I'm familiar with making engines go fast without computers. I am just starting to join the LS craze. I have a 03 Silverado with a 5.3 I have just thrown a BTR NSR cam in with ls6 springs CAI and shorty headers. Have got it tuned to idle decent but not much power and I know guys are making good power with this cam. I am hoping to find others with similar cam and motor to share their tune so I can compare and learn. CAM is 224 Int./230 Exh. Duration, 0.500 in./0.500 in. Lift, 112 LSA
    Cheers.

Tuner in Training
    Sounds like we have about the same setup, except I'm running a ls1 intake. I'll post my tune shortly for you to compare.

Potential Tuner
    That would be greatly appreciated. Ls1 intake will be put on later this year after wrap up other projects. Hp tuners is a big learning curve from old school motors. Checked the repository and didn't come across a whole lot that looked reliable.

Get a wideband and start to learn about correcting the airflow model.

Don't even think about power figures until you re-calibrate the MAF curve and primary VE table to get fueling under control at part throttle. Then make your full throttle fueling match what you are commanding. Timing and all that other junk can be done once fueling is correct.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Don't think my post count is high enough to attach files yet. Sorry. I'll keep an eye on this thread.

I guess I can.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by apd855; 04-13-2019 at 06:46 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    post log of WOT pull or dyno run with AFR data from a wideband

Potential Tuner
    I greatly appreciate all the feedback I haven't had much time to gather much logs when I get a chance I will post them. Also if anyone in the Denver area would be Happy to pay someone.