Thread: Dod and non dod cam tuning help

Potential Tuner

Dod and non dod cam tuning help

Need help with a fuel trim issue. I just did a DOD delete and a Non DOD cam(12689035) in a 07 Tahoe. Turned the DOD off and found the fuel trims are -18 on B1 and B2. If I create a vacuum leak trims go to +30. Checked the rail pressure and its not dropping with the fuel pump off, no injector leaks. Removed air filter, no air restriction. The B1 o2 is lazy but is switching and should only effect 1 bank not both. Im leaning towards a parameter change in the tune but not proficient with hp as I am with Holley.

Are we safe to assume you did all the other parts too, like lifters/trays/push rods(if required) or whatever else was needed?

While your at it, is the flex fuel feature been disabled? I've seen the virtual sensor do weird things with flashes and cause the engine to run lean/rich because it's reporting the wrong values. If it's just running regular fuel, disable that feature.

If the cam specs are different than the DoD camshaft it may require some airflow model re-calibration to get everything back in line.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Yes. Supporting parts were replaced. I will look into it in the morning. Thanks for the info.