Thread: MPVI 2 Interface Driver Issue Solved

Tuner in Training

Thumbs up MPVI 2 Interface Driver Issue Solved

HI,

For those who have issue with "MPVI 2 Interface Driver" that will not respond/Read/Write "Interface not found or not responding" nether gathering VCM Suite Information "Interface not opened: Not Found" and tried to re-install VCM Suite/MPVI 2 Driver, changed the VCM Suite Cable, Resync Interface, couldn't find the MPVI 2 Driver at Device Manger in PC; and tried almost every thing

This is how i solved my issue:
    1. Go to Device Manager at your PC
    2. Update all USB Drivers/Ports "Manually"
    3. Restart your PC

Problem Solved

Hope this will help you guys.

Thank you.
    Last edited by DXB_Tuner; 04-12-2019 at 01:49 PM.

Would be nice if the MPVI2 showed up as a recognizable item in the device manager so we could just update that...
    I ran into this after plugging my Arduino into the same port I use for the MPVI2... Was able to flash my Arduino, but then the MPVI2 was unrecognizable on that port. Plugged it into a port I hadn't used with the Arduino, and it worked. Back to that port, no luck. now that I updated drivers on all ports, I again can use any port for the MPVI2, but if I use anything else with an FTDI driver, it makes the port unusable again...
    2006 Pontiac GTO
    M6
    Flex Fuel enabled
    FIC1000 shorty Injectors
    DW300C Fuel pump
    UPP GTO Auxiliary fuel system
    BoostDistrict LSA Conversion
    BTR Stage 3 PDS Torque cam and kit
    Kooks Longtube headers with High Flow Cat mids
    BoostDistrict LSA CAI with LS7 MAF module
    Mickey Mouse Catch Can
    Hinson 1/2" lowered Engine Mounts
    Magnaflow 3" Cat Back Competition Exhaust
    PLX DM-6 Wideband
    Turbo Technologies Full Flex fuel Tune

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5ft24 View Post
    Would be nice if the MPVI2 showed up as a recognizable item in the device manager so we could just update that...
    I ran into this after plugging my Arduino into the same port I use for the MPVI2... Was able to flash my Arduino, but then the MPVI2 was unrecognizable on that port. Plugged it into a port I hadn't used with the Arduino, and it worked. Back to that port, no luck. now that I updated drivers on all ports, I again can use any port for the MPVI2, but if I use anything else with an FTDI driver, it makes the port unusable again...
    I do agree with you and i believe they are working on it.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by DXB_Tuner View Post
    I do agree with you and i believe they are working on it.
    think I have the same issue. I haven't used the mpvi2 in a month or two but also use this pc for my outboard software and various other VAG cables. went to use it tonight and I can't get it to recognize it. nothing in device manager, tried uninstalling and reinstalling hoping it would work. starting to feel like an idiot here. lol

Tuner in Training
    i have same problem

but no way to install both A & B

just one A or B but nothing install A & B

any way ?

Can't get MPVI2 to work with new computer.

USB sees it, will not sync, says plug in devise. all drivers updated.

shows on COM4

My old laptop sees it and works along with my MPVI1.
    2018 Trackhawk PCM/TCM tune by Dusterhoff.
    Flex Fuel, MMX faux 95mm TB, GripTec 2.85, 10% ATI lower, FIC1200, ARH 1 7/8 w/cats, 180 T-stat

13 Chrysler 300S, RAM BGE 412 stroker, cam motion 232/246 619/619 118 +4, ATI 18% OD pulley
    Whipple Gen5 3.0, 2.50 upper pulley, Smooth Boost controller, FIC 1200 inj. Nick W 108mm TB, FORE dual return fuel system, E85, FTI 2800 stall(SRT83380), SHR WAR Viking trans and valve body, Getrag 3.73, 1 7/8 kooks w/hi-flow cats, 3" Magnaflow Cat-back 943rwhp