Thread: nGauge issue

nGauge issue

So I am tuning a customers 2017 Mustang Gt, and he has an nGauge that he wants a few different files loaded onto, no problem. I tuned the car with my mpvi2, and hooked up the nGuage. I went to export the file to enc, but it asked for me to plug in my mpvi1 before it would send on the data to hptuners. Now, after I hooked up my mpvi1, the file was converted to an enc file and I was able to copy that file to the sd card of the nGauge. When I go to any tune I create on the nGuage, it said "decode failed" and will not allow me to upload it into the car no matter how many times I try. I have read the stock tune with the nGuage and all that already, and have set up logging parameters. Anybody else have this issue?

Advanced Tuner
    did you place the .enc file into the custom tunes folder?

Yes sir, I did.

Quote Originally Posted by 95Gturbo View Post
    So I am tuning a customers 2017 Mustang Gt, and he has an nGauge that he wants a few different files loaded onto, no problem. I tuned the car with my mpvi2, and hooked up the nGuage. I went to export the file to enc, but it asked for me to plug in my mpvi1 before it would send on the data to hptuners. Now, after I hooked up my mpvi1, the file was converted to an enc file and I was able to copy that file to the sd card of the nGauge. When I go to any tune I create on the nGuage, it said "decode failed" and will not allow me to upload it into the car no matter how many times I try. I have read the stock tune with the nGuage and all that already, and have set up logging parameters. Anybody else have this issue?
    Make sure to have the latest firmware installed in your nGauge.

Thank you, I'll do that in a few days and update this post.

Potential Tuner
    I know this post is a year old but I’m having the same exact issue. I’ve updated the firmware and still no change... @95Gturbo can you post how you fixed this? Thnx

Advanced Tuner
    Good luck there locked

Potential Tuner
    I have an Nguage and did my tuning in HPTuners. When I exported the tune to e-motion products, the program made me plug in my MPVI2 interface to the laptop and then created the *.enc file(s). I moved them to the custom tunes folder on the Nguage and they loaded fine using the Nguage interface.

But, not before I backed up the stock tune from the ECM to the Nguage. (Even though I had already backed it up to my laptop using HPTuners with my MPVI2 interface.) Do you have the stock tune backed up to the Nguage??