Thread: challenger hemi 2011

Tuner in Training

challenger hemi 2011

Hi all , very new to HP Tuners ,but not tuning .

I have a strong link with US cars through UK importers and we do all sorts of mods to trucks and cars.

My question[s] , we have a 2011 5.7 Challenger , stock apart from a bad exhaust system , we dyno,d it and although it goes well the figures were low compared to "official" ones. So what would you expect to get from such a vehicle ?? , it is running UK 95 petrol.

We have fitted Stainless works long tube headers and a Borla full system with sports cats , this gave approx 15 hp and 20 lb ft , i have played with the tune , Lambda is .86 at WOT , i have also data logged every run as i have increased the ignition timing and still no sign of Knock reduction , i still think the timing is a little conservative though.

With the mods and the tune alterations its now hitting around 400lb ft and 390 hp , at the flywheel .

What would you expect a stock car to produce ..

Cheers Keith

Quote Originally Posted by woodsie View Post
    Hi all , very new to HP Tuners ,but not tuning .

I have a strong link with US cars through UK importers and we do all sorts of mods to trucks and cars.

My question[s] , we have a 2011 5.7 Challenger , stock apart from a bad exhaust system , we dyno,d it and although it goes well the figures were low compared to "official" ones. So what would you expect to get from such a vehicle ?? , it is running UK 95 petrol.

We have fitted Stainless works long tube headers and a Borla full system with sports cats , this gave approx 15 hp and 20 lb ft , i have played with the tune , Lambda is .86 at WOT , i have also data logged every run as i have increased the ignition timing and still no sign of Knock reduction , i still think the timing is a little conservative though.

With the mods and the tune alterations its now hitting around 400lb ft and 390 hp , at the flywheel .

What would you expect a stock car to produce ..

Cheers Keith
    Please mind that you have to adjust MBT table, if you increase WOT spark table above MBT.

Advanced Tuner