Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: data logged my smarty

data logged my smarty

i have been data logging my smarty jr @ performance tune its a fairly long log. basically started recording and went for a ride, atleast one wide open pull torwards end off log. would like to here peoples oppinions of what smarty was doing

smarty100.hpl

going to data log my milage setting a little later on, I will post that later

Banned
    what year truck? looks to be mostly stock.

It's an 05 6speed. Stock except for smarty

Banned
    Datalog looks like stock tuning for the most part

It's supposed to be about 100hp tune. But I did pull back some of the timing because it was a little smokey.

Banned
    Well on one of your 100% throttle spots, timing is stock, rail pressure is stock, duration is stock. Not sure exactly what?s qualifying it as a 100hp tune to be honest.

Banned
    Log it running full throttle up to redline

Banned
    No one but MADS knows exactly all of what is modified in their tunes but it is known that it?s mostly the upper rpm and load that?s modified, down low and cruise area isn?t really touched

That's actually why I'm switching to hp tuners. I don't drive my truck like I'm at a drag strip. I was really hopeful of better response with the smarty that I didn't really get. Don't get me wrong. It's much better then stock especially how it pulls on hills. I'm about to do a log I will do a wide open 5th gear redline and post it. But it's currently set to the milage tune

I did notice on the log I have posted on the 100% throttle spot it gave some sort of obscure code for main fuel correction

Banned
    Yea not sure what that?s about. Only thing that stood out different from stock was at 100% throttle main quantity going above 144mm3, which really means squat by itself. Injected quantity isn?t metered, it?s preprogrammed x amount of pressure and z amount of time = y amount of volume of fuel. All it tells me is the throttle table was modified and the mm3 axis of other tables was modified.

Banned
    I?ll look up that 3E correction later and let you know what it is

here is my mileage tune log. did a 100% redline run in 5th gear towards the end
    smartymilage.hpl
    its interesting you say theirs not really a difference between stock and the smarty performance tune? I can definitely feel a difference. is their a way I can compare a log to my factory tune on the editor?

Banned
    Look at your rpm, rail pressure, injected quantity at any particular point in the log and compare to surrounding values in tables in your stock tune file. I didn?t look at your entire log but lots stood out at a quick glance to be stock or close too. They probably do more of adjusting limiters.

I have been looking at other people's tunes and have noticed that the throttle table will be modified up to 160mm3 the pw axis remains unchanged but on the timing table its axis is increased to 160. Is that for more fine tuning ? Of the timing tabel?

Banned
    I don?t change timing table axis up to 160mm3. Really not necessary. The throttle and other limiters get changed up to that to ensure you hit the end of the tables. Your throttle % to fuel tables are user desired fueling tables, further modified by the ecm through various algorithms for the mode it?s running in at any moment to determine final amount of fueling.

0 deg of timing at "full" load ?? weird?Untitled.jpg
    03 cummins,175% flux injectors,dual cp3,s467.7/83 1.00
    Nv5600 with valair triple disc clutch

Banned
    Log doesn't have an rpm at 2600 with full load fueling so took the closest I could get, not that far off from stock. Whats weird about it?

Untitled.png

Banned
    Smarty tunes are meant to be generic broad spectrum tuning to fit all. Lots of the tuning isn't going to deviate far from stock and their change in timing at that point is probably more for aiding in spooling the turbo with the extra fueling given in a generic one size fits all application.

Ok ok but its kinda weird since turbo is at 36psi