Thread: Base Tune help

Tuner in Training

Base Tune help

Good morning guys. I am very new to HP Tuners and still learning a lot about tuning these cars. I come from building Subaru's and they seem to be quite different. I have rebuilt my 99 TransAm with a couple extra goodies but am having a bit of trouble with startup idle. The car wont just start and idle. I have to hold the gas open just a touch until it warms up a little then gradually let off the gas until it comes down to idle. Once i do that it will idle fine while driving and coming to a stop and such, but if i turn it off and then try and restart it a few mins later it does the same thing.

Anyone willing to look at my base map and give some pointers that might help?

Car has the following Mods
    243 ported heads
    LS6 Intake
    TSP long tubes with Y-pipe
    BTR stage 2 Cam 227/234 .614"/.576" 113+2
    BTR dual valve springs, valve seals, retainers and locks
    New LS7 lifters
    Yank 3000 stall

chrisandersonTAbasetune Chris edit.hpt

Tuner
    Add to your base running airflow and see how that works. Turn COT to disable.
    Last edited by DougO; 04-11-2019 at 02:26 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by DougO View Post
    Add to your base running airflow and see how that works. Turn COT to disable.
    add across the board or to certain ranges? how much would you add?

What is COT?

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by tntransam View Post
    add across the board or to certain ranges? how much would you add?

What is COT?
    Cat over temp, it appears you removed the cats, i would add air to the 68-284 area add 2 g/s to start with you have to view the table in metric otherwise it is pounds per hour

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by DougO View Post
    Cat over temp, it appears you removed the cats, i would add air to the 68-284 area add 2 g/s to start with you have to view the table in metric otherwise it is pounds per hour
    Thanks so much for the help. That seems to have done the trick. I need to find someone to tune the car for me.

Tuner
    install a wideband and get some data logs, read about tuning. i'm still learning.