Thread: 2019 Gt rev match surge on flex tune

2019 Gt rev match surge on flex tune

I have a customer with a 2019 Gt that I have successfully tuned on flex. The only issue i have is on the rev match from 2500 and below, I have surging. I have modified proportional and integral gain on the widebands, and also decreased transport delay. I have messed with transient fueling a little, but it seems to try to stay in fuel source CL Stoich during the rev matching, indicating that it doesnt use the accel or decel gain or time constant tables. I will include the last file with a datalog. Will report back later with updated information as I come along.

Rev surge.hpl
    Chandler Flex Transient.hpt

I was able to remedy this situation. I had to decrease transport delay by 20%, decrease integral and proportional gain in closed loop control, and add a ton of deceleration fueling between 1000 and 3000 rpm ranges. I also had to go to the flex fuel tab, and set the transient blend from 100% down to 80% at ethanol percentages 65 and 100. Hopefully this can help somebody in the future.

Advanced Tuner
    Thank you for the update, I am about to tune by first 18 and up in about 2 weeks, they want a 93 and then a E85 tune so it will be interesting to see how it reacts to how I normally do my gen 2 coyotes

This one is fully functioning flex. I have the surge tune posted, I can post the remedied tune tomorrow. The 2018's don't have rev match on the manual cars, just the 2019+ cars. You can turn it off, but my customer really likes the feature so I had to figure out a remedy.

Advanced Tuner
    the one ill be doing is actually a 19 so ill definitely take a look, thank you sir

Advanced Tuner
    How’s the remedy tube working out?

Works great at all rpms except for 2k. When it matches there, it still has a dip in rpm above 150-200 rpm and will oscillate there 2-3 times. Still havent gotten the customer to bring the car back because he says it is fine. I'm being picky, but I can't leave it alone. It just needs a little more decel fueling there and it will be perfect. Every other rpm is perfect on it.

Advanced Tuner
    Did you ever get this fixed ?