Thread: need help can someone take a look at this scan and file

Tuner in Training

need help can someone take a look at this scan and file

need help can someone see what's wrong with this scan and files im new to this this is an old tune that I had payed for but I did some minor changes to file , due to new set up and motor its sputtering bad i only changed shift points ,idle and rev limiters any help will be appreciated thanks in advance
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by the demon; 04-13-2019 at 09:11 PM.

To put it lightly, fueling is a wreck. Looks to only be tuned with the MAF sensor only and they/you haven't calibrated the VVE tables yet.

Fuel trims are all over the place, most of the time they are really positive and lean which is really bad. When you go wide open throttle the o2 sensors take a nose dive which without a wideband o2 sensor in the logs, tells me it's really lean.

You need to be logging your injectors pulse width and knock retard. You must get a wideband o2 sensor installed as well. Being a 2007+ vehicle it uses can-bus, you can buy the AEM can-bus OBD2 wideband to make install a breeze.

This must be some crazy setup if you are revving this all the way out to 7,300rpm. You should maybe provide the full details on the build. Everything from cam to injectors and stuff.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    To put it lightly, fueling is a wreck. Looks to only be tuned with the MAF sensor only and they/you haven't calibrated the VVE tables yet.

Fuel trims are all over the place, most of the time they are really positive and lean which is really bad. When you go wide open throttle the o2 sensors take a nose dive which without a wideband o2 sensor in the logs, tells me it's really lean.

You need to be logging your injectors pulse width and knock retard. You must get a wideband o2 sensor installed as well. Being a 2007+ vehicle it uses can-bus, you can buy the AEM can-bus OBD2 wideband to make install a breeze.

This must be some crazy setup if you are revving this all the way out to 7,300rpm. You should maybe provide the full details on the build. Everything from cam to injectors and stuff.
    I kinda figured it was leaning out , i swapped out my 5.3 bored out to 5.7 to a 6.2 stock bottom end with tsp f35 cam and some ls3 as cast prc heads milled to .040 , lt headers , stock fuel injectors , stock fuel pump , vararam cold air intake ,built 4l60 , 4440 pi triple disc stall , 456 gears
    I honestly dont know how to mess with the ve tables i do have the knock retard on but doesnt show anything and the injector pulse width cant get it to work either i did buy the aem wideband just didnt have time to set it up but will do shortly , really need to learn alot more about tuning ive got some money invested and really dont wanna break anything thanks for your help

Senior Tuner
    Like 5FDP said, it's going very lean at WOT. The knock retard had been desensitized, so it wasn't doing you much good. I added 15% fuel across the board and 19% more fuel at WOT. You may run out of injector in this application. We really need to see Injector DC or at least PW.

The timing was very aggressive and the IAT vs spark modifier table was zero'd. It's important to have some timing removed at high IAT's.

Try the attached tune and give us a datalog.

dt tunemodified.hpt

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin87turbot View Post
    Like 5FDP said, it's going very lean at WOT. The knock retard had been desensitized, so it wasn't doing you much good. I added 15% fuel across the board and 19% more fuel at WOT. You may run out of injector in this application. We really need to see Injector DC or at least PW.

The timing was very aggressive and the IAT vs spark modifier table was zero'd. It's important to have some timing removed at high IAT's.

Try the attached tune and give us a datalog.

dt tunemodified.hpt
    Ok buddy i appreciate it i will try it probably wont get the log till next wknd but i sure will post it so y'all can check it out