Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blown z06 weird issue

Blown z06 weird issue

Hey guys, working on this z06, its a 06 with built sleeved motor with a f1x and 21 psi of boost with 200lb injectors on corn. I got it all dialed in on the dyno and didn't notice any issues. Take it for a drive and you get on it and it will just bog out at different times. Logs show like a lean condition, but verified the fuel pressure isn't dropping at all. It almost seems like the car is turning off. You keep your foot to the floor and it'll bog down then all of a sudden kick back in. Thought maybe traction control was acting up but disabled it and pulled fuse and still does it. You can see on this long there is a few times its WOT and just shuts down.

Corvette - stumble.hpl2006 Corvette Z06 modifiedTune blower - e85 - 200lb New os updated.hpt

Advanced Tuner
    Are you wanting to tune MAF only or SD?

I’ve done a lot of these setups over the years.. what does engine Tq look like from the ECU side?

If I can look later I will

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Advanced Tuner
    Another issue I foresee, you have flex fuel enabled but your stoich table reads the same across the table. I understand you are trying to scale for the injectors but it provides no fuel compensation at that point. I had to disable my flex fuel when I went to big injectors as well. As far as the maf vs SD, on your vehicle I would focus on a purely SD approach. Go to Airflow-Dynamic-High RPM Disable and max it out.and then Re enable to 8190. You have your MAF to fail at 0 HZ so I'm assuming you want SD. Also P0101 p0102 p0103 need to "Mil on first error".

Do that then Dial in your VE table.

Speed density

Ya i know i had the flex sensor and a/f set all the same. we just added the flex fuel sensor and i was eliminating at as possbility

This needs a 50% scale and half IFR and double stoich

14 Gen 5 Viper

how can you do a 50% scale on a 200lb injector with a 63lb max

Advanced Tuner
    you wont be able to get the flow vs pressure correct but if you want flex fuel thats what you need to do. Then set dynamic airflow where I mentioned before and disable DFCO, enable the maf to fail in engine diag then redo your VE table as you log

so leave injectors at 63, half the IFR and double stoich? Honestly don't care about flex fuel. This thing can't run on pump anyways. Right now its a 33% scale. Shouldn't that work just fine. It still does it. Fuel looks good and rich and shuts off.

Turned off flex and set what you said. Still does it. The fueling looks good then all of a sudden like shuts down. Not a gradual lean or anything.

Advanced Tuner
    Is the maf failed?

Ya i'll unplug it and see what it does

Advanced Tuner
    you dont have to, it can all be done in the tune

It's all set to fail. 0hz and changed the fail to first error

depending on compression be fine on 93.. just lower timing is needed over e95

33% not enough, needs a 50% to be right with half and double..
    Use to do a setup like this weekly....

14 Gen 5 Viper

Advanced Tuner
    Ben i think his main concern is that the injector flow rate is still maxed at the 63/hr limit

I would leave it maxed, change stoich to 19.4 ( or what ever e85 is times 2 lol) half the IVT terms and redo the VE table.

Sorry ben i should specify. Its 67% scaled. So injector lbs is close to actual, stoich is tripled, and same as IFR

Could be doing it this way cause this weird issue. How come on the dyno i got good pulls making 21psi and 1200hp but the second its on the street does this....

Advanced Tuner
    can you post your new tune.