Thread: Error Code -4 Location MediaMffCreate problem

Potential Tuner

Error Code -4 Location MediaMffCreate problem

Error Code -4 Location MediaMffCreate

I get the error shown above every time I try to create a video with version 3.7 Ultimate. The video I'm trying to create is 26 seconds long. I've tired a number of different output formats and get the same error every time.

I've tried both the 32 bit and 64 bit versions on my 64 bit laptop and get the same error every time. I've tired running ReceRender as an administrator and get the same error. There's lots of space available on the 2TB disk in my laptop.

I've attached RR-LogView-Output.txt and RR3-log.csv files.

Any ideas on what's causing the error.

Thanks for your help.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks for attaching the logs. Unfortunately, it would appear that something is crashing in Microsoft's Media Foundation library when we're trying to setup either the video or the audio encoder on your system. RaceRender tries to check every step along the way to at least log the failure, but something seems to be just completely crashing here, and it's not clear what.

The good news is that the problem is likely limited to that computer or a small group, but that's not of much help, as the cause and solution are still unclear... It could simply be a problem with the Windows installation, or it could be a certain combination of your system configuration and drivers that is running into a bug somewhere, etc.

One thing we can try is to add another layer of error mitigation, along with some additional logging... I have built some updated media DLL's that include more robust error handling in an area where we've most commonly seen problems, as well as added some additional clues in the log file in case that doesn't work. They can be downloaded here: http://RaceRender.com/RR3/RRMF-20190419.zip (extract the contents of this .zip into your C:\Program Files (x86)\RaceRender3 folder)

If we get really lucky, the error will just be handled and it will seamlessly retry using another method. But more realistically, it may still crash and then at least the log will tell us more... Once we get the failure point narrowed down, it should become more clear if it's possible to create a workaround or not.

Potential Tuner
    My laptop is only about 3 weeks old but needed to be updated with some new drivers from Dell. I ran the Dell Update program and among the updates was a new driver for the video card. Once that update was applied the creation of videos by Race Render worked. The NVIDIA driver was updated from version 24.21.13.9793 to version 25.21.14.1917.