Thread: LTFTs MAF SCALING HELP

Tuner in Training

LTFTs MAF SCALING HELP

I need some help on adjusting my ltfts they are pretty rich. i dont have a wide band but investing soon. I have been looking and cant find a place to start the process can anyone give me some pointers on dialing it in? thank you.
    here is a short freeway log.
    april 14 freeway.hpl
    I'm sure I can figure it out.... eventually

Pull 1-2% from the MAF curve below 7,000-7,500hz. Reset the the trims and see where you end up. It should drop to around 5-10% give or take, it make take a few trys to get it closer.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    So in the tune under the maf air vs freq. table?
    then reset the trims when im logging?
    on the table is there a easy way to drop 2% for 0- 7500hz instead of adjusting every single column?

Yes.
    Yes.

Highlight from 0-7,500hz, put .98 in the box in the upper right, then click "X" for multiply, that will drop 2% from the highlighted area. Click smooth selection on the whole table and that's it.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Lol duh . I over think stuff a little too much. So as per my log I'm pretty rich, so where should I stop 3%-5% on the rich*** side?
    Last edited by tbundy; 04-14-2019 at 07:03 PM.

Just stop once it's a lot less than -12-15% like it is now, maybe within around -3% to -5%.

Either side of zero will not matter, that's hardly anything and the short term trims are working so fast they can make on the fly corrections and be just fine.

Tuner in Training
    ok great. i dropped the 2% then do i highlight the whole table before i hit smooth or does that matter?

You don't have to highlight anything, just click smooth and it'll do the whole table. You can test these things out yourself, just start clicking around and watch what happens.

Tuner in Training
    ok. ya i has messed with them before i just didnt know how much they change things and dont wanna mess stuff up. thanks again im gonna go write it in and drive ill post my log here in a few. appreciate it!

Tuner in Training
    so here are my logs after the change on the freeway, two load differences. do they look ok? still little rich on the lighter load one. after maf change.hpl2 after maf change.hpl

Really should tune there correctly by disabling VE, logging MAF in HZ and using the STFT and LTFT math to get the error. Then use that error to correct the MAF table. Then after that re enable VE and fail the MAF to log the VE error and correct the VE table (or VVE table)

Tuner in Training
    Ok. I'm new and especially in fueling. Any direction you could point me in on how to do the process?
    Thank you!

Doing it the way I suggested is a quick and dirty way of removing a tiny bit of fuel.

The trims responded to the minimal change you did, so it's working.

Yes if you truly wanted to tune the MAF or VE/VVE they are done separate from one another using a wideband o2 sensor or special math function using the trims.