Thread: What would cause Dynamic Airflow to be 3 to 4 times that of MASS airflow?

What would cause Dynamic Airflow to be 3 to 4 times that of MASS airflow?

Having trouble getting in MAF only mode. Noticed dynamic airflow is very high relative to MASS Airflow. Wondering what settings might cause the MASS Airflow to be 3X plus the values of Dynamic Airflow? Wondering if i have a setting issue. Attached is a idle log in VVE (maf disabled).

I've replaced the MAF and confirmed all MAF wiring is correct.

Thanks

vve8-PE1.hpl

Either your MAF calibration and VE tables are that far apart or you taking air into the engine somewhere other than the maf sensor. Can you post your tune? Your maf reading is very low.
    Last edited by Jeff7577; 04-16-2019 at 03:18 PM.

Stock MAF sensor? Is there any chance it is taking in un-metered air somewhere such as a modified PCV setup? Your maf is only reading around 1-2 grams/sec of airflow which is low. Dynamic air is around 5 g/s which is normal.

Even when you hit the throttle and get it over 2k rpm the MAF airflow is still under 10 g/s while your VE airflow has gone over 30 g/s.

Are there any codes setting? MAF airflow and VE are so far apart I think the PCM will recognize this and set something like p0068 or a map sensor code.
    Last edited by Jeff7577; 04-17-2019 at 11:24 AM.