Thread: p59 boost tune help

p59 boost tune help

Hey guys,
    new to tuning with boost, having an issue were the tps seems to max out at 69% not sure if that reading is normal on a p59.

it also feels like its not making much power, i got what i feel is a very conservative tune in it. its shows we are coming into boost, the afr is in the 10s and about 6 degrees of timing. issue is the rpms dont climb fast at all and feels way down on power. i also "attempted" to scale the ifr table and stoich table to see if that would help anything with the tps.

its a 6.0l with stock cam, 4l80e and a very small turbo.

here is the tune and log. any tips would be great.

2nd boost log.hpl
    2 bar tune scaled.hpt

Those computers will report 100% throttle, 69% is not the maximum. You could remove all your TPS channels, re-poll for supported parameters and only add the TPS sae channel back in to see if anything changes.

Even check to make sure the throttle blade is opening all the way, pop the charge pipe off and take a look with the engine off.

I wouldn't scale anything if you don't have too.

Set the burst knock enable delta cyl air to 8.000, that way it's not active. Being at 0.000 is the opposite of what you want. I'd stick more timing in it, 6 is really low. I'd aim for 12-15 at least to see if it picks up better.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

thanks for the help! im not going to be able to try the changes or look at the blade for a couple of days but heres what i got now to ease into it.

2 bar tune not scaled more timing newest.hpt

https://www.cxracing.com/TRB-T70-P96

this is the turbo he has in case that changes things

Tuner in Training
    Your Accel pedal looks like its only going to 110%, mine goes to 140% Accel pedal with 100% TPS. That turbo is also super small. I would imagine you will boost almost immediately with it. It is essentially a 61/62 so I wouldn't have huge expectations for power. With that said, you need timing as stated above and post a screen shot of your DTC codes, i wonder if you have some sort of reduced engine power mode from a code. I know I ran into that with P0068 and P1514 however those would actually shut off my engine once they came in.