Thread: Idle issues NEED HELP

Tuner in Training

Idle issues NEED HELP

I have a 1st gen camaro with a 6.0, powerglide, 227/234 600 lift 112lsa bald eagle cam and tsp springs with an s475. stock truck intake with return style fuel rails and fuel pressure regulator. I have 1000cc Fuel Injector Clinic injectors.

I have issues getting this thing to idle. I had the injectors scaled differently but I was running out of adjustment trying to get it to idle at a good afr. Now I set the same number straight across like how the stock tune sets it. Please take a look at the current tune and log file any advice would be appreciated.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Tys_06gto; 04-14-2019 at 10:23 PM.

Tuner
    it looks like injector data is way off

For sure, that injector flow rate is not even close for 1000cc injectors. Min injector pulse is crazy high too.

Please post the data you got with those injectors, something is way wrong. Probably copied the wrong information into the calibration.

Your MAP sensor offset is wrong for a GM 3 bar MAP from the ZR1/ZL1/CTS-V. The data is 312.50 and -11.25.

If this is a speed density only setup without a MAF sensor, you never failed the MAF in the tune correctly. You must set the MAF fail high to 0hz and set the 3 MAF dtc's to MIL on first error.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Well the tune I started off with had a more accurate injector flow rate, and it was actually idling and starting up with that so a started tuning it a bit but then I realized I was running out of adjustment in my VE table because i wasn't using half of my adjustment just to get it to idle; so then I thought my injector scaling had to be off so I changed it back to a flat setup similar to stock just to test things out... yes this is a speed density only tune and as far as the maf failing I had somebody write me a base map and I thought that was all taken care of... guess not.

anyways, 5FDP, I made the changes you mentioned. But i did not change the injector flow rate yet. Let me show you how it was before in the previous tune before this one. Let me know if this one looks more on point to you
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Tys_06gto; 04-15-2019 at 03:10 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    VE table and injector data is the place to start.

its miles off. get the correct and it might idle for you.