Thread: Is there a 'crate motor' tune in the depository? What HP parts do I need to buy?

Potential Tuner

Is there a 'crate motor' tune in the depository? What HP parts do I need to buy?

Since I don't own a tuner yet, I can't see if what I need is in there.

I'm wanting to put a 3V/5speed into a retired stock car. Since I'm not a checkbook hotrodder, I'm not a fan of ''call such and such, and he'll do it for you''. I'd rather do it myself since it's my custom car. I've got the entire Mustang, so I have all the hard parts to do the swap, I just want to see it run with the ''kit car'' tune before I tear the car apart and move the engine/trans over.

I'd like a tune that basically runs the engine and fuel pump with none of the other stuff. No PATS, EGR, VVT, intake flappers, ABS, traction control, A/C lockout at WOT, etc...

The cams will be locked, long tubes, homemade intake pipe and larger filter, no cats, and that's pretty much it.

Can HP Tuners get me there?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Potential Tuner
    Nobody knows if there's a crate motor tune in the depository or what I need to flash my ECM?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by earlbrown View Post
    Nobody knows if there's a crate motor tune in the depository or what I need to flash my ECM?
    I did a search in the repo for one but did not find anything except a coyote crate tune for Fords. Everything else 'crate' related was Chevy lol. Take with a grain of salt.

That said you can search these forums and someone may have posted one here.....
    Knock Retard is the reduction or prevention of knock by lowering ignition timing:

(+) Adding Knock Retard = Reducing Timing. PCM is seeing knock.
    (--) Lowering Knock Retard = Increasing Timing. PCM isn't seeing knock.
    __________________________________________________ ________

2014 Mustang GT Premium. VMP Gen2R Supercharged with an FTI 3000rpm Converter. JLT, BMR, Steeda, Viking, etc.
    Don't fix it if it ain't broken | Maximum effort gets maximum results

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for looking. I searched this board for every term I could think of.

I'm amazed that one doesn't exist (and easily found). It's like I'm the first person that wants to put a modern FI engine into an older car. But that can't be true either.

The engine doesn't know if it came out of a crate, or a car.

Just modify the PCM's existing tune, or find a suitable starting tune from the repository.