Thread: What are the 5 engine states?

What are the 5 engine states?

i have been home sick past couple of days so I have been going thru every menu and tab on my editor and searching the forums
    one thing I have noticed is certain maps use "engine state" on one axis. 0-4 what is this a reference to? I was thinking idle, transition and full throttle but that's only 3? any thoughts on this?

Banned
    Transient, High Air Density, Medium-High Air Density, Medium-Low Air Density, Low Air Density.
    Last edited by Jim P; 04-15-2019 at 01:42 PM.

thanks Jim! appreciate you spending time on the forum to help answer questions. something else I was trying to figure out was the refrence to "a" "b" "c" concerning governors, injection limits etc.

Banned
    I?d have to know specifically which ones you are talking about to give a more clear answer

I was reading thru the starlite diesel manual. They say that engine state 0 is not transient but a “base table”. Which the ecm almost uses exclusively? They where referencing Efi live for 2006-2007, but their maps and tables where just about identical to my 05.

Banned
    No, it almost exclusively uses your high air density table. I have seen low air density table being used before, during and after startup. Your so called ?base? is your transient table in HPT, I have seen it used under fast enough acceleration.

Lots of tables are similar between the 04.5-05 and the 06-07 but there are differences.

Banned
    Look at your air density select table. That table determines which air density table is used.

Banned
    Transient is described as a positive rate of X amount of RPM/second