Thread: T87A 10 speed Question

Tuner in Training

T87A 10 speed Question

My Lockup Torque convertor is slipping at low RPM's. Before I buy one, Can I raise TCC lockup Apply Pressure with HPtuner. Any help would be great. Thanks

Can't raise apply pressure but you can decrease desired slip and increase the apply rate.So it will feel better. You may also want to turn off TCC in 1st thru 8th gear. What I can't get to go away is how sensitive the TPS is with releasing the converter. Just barley tip the throttle and it's in and out. The wife continues to modulate the pedal while driving so I have to drive when in the car. Drives me crazy but she doesn't notice it.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by staytuned View Post
    Can't raise apply pressure but you can decrease desired slip and increase the apply rate.So it will feel better. You may also want to turn off TCC in 1st thru 8th gear. What I can't get to go away is how sensitive the TPS is with releasing the converter. Just barley tip the throttle and it's in and out. The wife continues to modulate the pedal while driving so I have to drive when in the car. Drives me crazy but she doesn't notice it.
    Thanks for Info. Yes, not liking it myself, especially when it slips and shutters each time Cold. No slip when good and warm. I have the trial version HPtuner, they sent me a T87A file with parameters and it is not showing decrease desired slip and increase the apply rate. HP says we should have all these parameters (attached) but im not seeing it even on advanced Mode.
    I do not want to buy unless i can apply more pressure or do something . Suppose to have TCC Regulator Pressure gain & offset but not seeing it on my end with demo. all i am seeing is V speed V TPS.
    I could set it high so TCC is off in lower gears, but it slips mainly low rpm so 9 &10 Higher gears as well. Hopefully Hptuner tech will get back to me about what I can and can not do.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I don’t have mine in front of me but regulator gain is pressure on the clutch plate increase that and it will lock up like a tank. I have my 2007 6l80e lock up like an old school 4l60e locking up with no pwm. I had to play with it a lot to make it not slip a dual clutch but still not slam. Just have to play with it. I added 5 psi to the stock value in my zl1 and locks up better now but I never had issues on mine. I was just playing with stuff knowing what the value can do for you on others.
    First 9 second 6th gen lt4 zl1 stock blower SHC SBE boost only.

2013 cadillac ats 2.0t Big turbo-gone
    2007 tahoe 5.3 lsa blower on 14 lbs boost 6l80e swap 2009 os
    2017 zl1 a10 big gulp/2 inch headers/ 9.55 lower/ e85/bigger hx /103mm tb / Synergy trunk tank and underhood kit/methanol injection with torqbyte controller and prometh pump / Jokerz performance R&D ported stock blower/ lme cnc heads /GP tuning custom cam. So far 9.30@150

Tuner in Training
    I need to know if there is actually a option (Table) to adjust that with HPTuner? For a 2018 Yukon with 10L80, t87a mdule.
    They sent me a demo, and there is nothing for pressure on the TCC . there is speed v TPS, but no pressure option or desired slip option. Need to know if HPtuner will have a way to adjust TCC Pressure. Have been trying to get it out of HP SUPPORT but they are giving me a run around.

If it’s the same as the zl1 tables then yes it does have an option I would assume they are the same but not 100 percent sure
    First 9 second 6th gen lt4 zl1 stock blower SHC SBE boost only.

2013 cadillac ats 2.0t Big turbo-gone
    2007 tahoe 5.3 lsa blower on 14 lbs boost 6l80e swap 2009 os
    2017 zl1 a10 big gulp/2 inch headers/ 9.55 lower/ e85/bigger hx /103mm tb / Synergy trunk tank and underhood kit/methanol injection with torqbyte controller and prometh pump / Jokerz performance R&D ported stock blower/ lme cnc heads /GP tuning custom cam. So far 9.30@150