Thread: Running rich on Decel

Potential Tuner

Running rich on Decel

Post is for my own rice reasons. But I got the car popping how I want and when I want. But for the purpose of science which tables will allow me to run rich in .10-.20 tables. Only thing with those defined tables is VVE. But chaning certain areas in VVE changes more than the selected rows.

Min inj pulsewidth temp adder the car uses on decel or light load. Log and see where the car ends up where you want it to do what you're trying. Fuel - General - middle of the way down in the middle column (going from memory)
    2018 Camaro SS, LT4 Fuel System, LT4 S/C
    2020 Ford Edge ST
    1999 Pontiac Firehawk
    1987 Chevy Caprice, 6.0L TT 4L80 AWD
    ***Only AWD box chevy in the world***
    Next Level Tuning and Performance
    Tuning email: [email protected]

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Camaro6 View Post
    Min inj pulsewidth temp adder the car uses on decel or light load. Log and see where the car ends up where you want it to do what you're trying. Fuel - General - middle of the way down in the middle column (going from memory)
    I dont see that table for min inj.

No tune posted, but here it is for 2018 6Gen

short pulse.JPG
    2020 Ford Edge ST
    1999 Pontiac Firehawk

Potential Tuner
    No tune posted, but here it is for 2018 6Gen

short pulse.JPG
    The larger the number, the more rich correct? Do you know which tables are strictly decel? It?s not in sparkmass and when I log it shows fuel rail pressure in PSI not the format in the adder tables

Do a histogram graph matching that table. You'll see where your fueling is at currently there and your decel areas vs low cruise areas. .8 and under is decel if my memory is working tonight..... Higher the number, the more pulsewidth, which is more fuel.

Right click on your fuel rail channel and switch it to mpa if needed. You should have pulsewidth logged also. Graph LTFT+STFT

You could also offset the o2 sensor data for the maf/ve lb/hr area decel sees to trick/force the car into a richer condition on decel. This would keep the car from pulling fuel and it would think you're 14.1 or 1 lambda but actually richer. Works the same when cars are lean vs the wideband reading and an o2 sensor calibration should be done for better stoich accuracy. It's all just mathematical equations that do different things. The options are there, but be careful to not do too much and wash the cylinder walls.
    2020 Ford Edge ST
    1999 Pontiac Firehawk

Potential Tuner
    Do a histogram graph matching that table. You'll see where your fueling is at currently there and your decel areas vs low cruise areas. .8 and under is decel if my memory is working tonight..... Higher the number, the more pulsewidth, which is more fuel.

Right click on your fuel rail channel and switch it to mpa if needed. You should have pulsewidth logged also. Graph LTFT+STFT

You could also offset the o2 sensor data for the maf/ve lb/hr area decel sees to trick/force the car into a richer condition on decel. This would keep the car from pulling fuel and it would think you're 14.1 or 1 lambda but actually richer. Works the same when cars are lean vs the wideband reading and an o2 sensor calibration should be done for better stoich accuracy. It's all just mathematical equations that do different things. The options are there, but be careful to not do too much and wash the cylinder walls.
    How do I log for these channels? My guess is at 3.0-6.0 Fuel rail pressure is the decel areas. but idk if its in .20 or at 1.0 because my average pulse width is 1.1ms or so on decel. While fuel rail pressure on decel is 600-900 psi.
    Screen Shot 2019-04-18 at 10.40.47 AM.png

Post a log with decel.
    2020 Ford Edge ST
    1999 Pontiac Firehawk

Potential Tuner
    Post a log with decel.
    This isnt the current spark timing im running on decel but heres a log.
    BURBLE TEST -35.hpl