Thread: MAP sensor logging with pro features for Whipple

MAP sensor logging with pro features for Whipple

I was wondering if anyone knew of a good 2 bar MAP sensor that I could use to hook up to the scanner when logging. I tried an old Bosch 2.5 BAR and I could not get it registering for the life of me. I need the style that bolts to the rear of the 2.9 SC manifold. I know the F150 kit for 2015-2017 had one, I think the 2018 kit has a 3 BAR. I prefer to get a good sensor that I know will not ive me any issues when scanning.

When you guys hook up sensors to the Pro cable what gauge / type wire and connectors do you use? I assume it must be high quality stuff to be sure signal is clean.

Any help would be appreciated.

Advanced Tuner
    Just use a GM 3 bar and put a 1/8NPt to 5/16 barb fitting on the blower and connect the hose. The only way you can make a 1/8 threaded one to work is if you know the transfer function for that sensor. And most places just sell parts, they don't know about them, so contacting the seller isn't going to help you get the transfer function

A sensor without datasheet with transfer function is a worthless sensor.

not sure if the SC manifold is threaded where the sensor is typically mounted. I guess I could leave the one thats there and just run a hose from the drivers side of the mani to a gm sensor.

GM has 5v ground and signal right.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by superman07 View Post
    not sure if the SC manifold is threaded where the sensor is typically mounted. I guess I could leave the one thats there and just run a hose from the drivers side of the mani to a gm sensor.

GM has 5v ground and signal right.
    Correct on 5volts