Thread: 2016 Camaro LT1 Drive Modes

Potential Tuner

2016 Camaro LT1 Drive Modes

I have a M6 camaro and just got it tuned. The throttle is pretty aggressive, so much so the wife can't drive it the way it is. Is there a way to change only one of the drive modes to change the throttle response for that mode only. Right now I cant really feel a difference between sport, track, tour or snow. I can post my current tune if that would help. I was looking at the driver demand torque maps. It seems to have different modes and torque maps assigned. Is this what I would have to change? How do I know what map ties to what drive mode?

They copy and pasted the parameters to all maps. Log Pedal source - 2 items are there to log which will let you know what item you're using. Send me a pm and I can tell you all what to log for making this change. Changing DD that aggressive is covering up another area they didn't tune or did wrong unfortunately. post the tune.
    2018 Camaro SS, LT4 Fuel System, LT4 S/C
    2020 Ford Edge ST (93-E85 flex fuel tune)
    1999 Pontiac Firehawk
    1987 Chevy Caprice, 6.0L TT 4L80 AWD
    ***Only AWD box chevy in the world***
    Next Level Tuning and Performance
    Tuning email: [email protected]

Potential Tuner
    Here's the tune.Tune1.hpt

Potential Tuner
    I guess. I'm just now learning what I'm looking at. So if thats what it says thats what running on my car right now.

Your tuner should have values to put in the normal table to make the pedal feel stock. He can just drop them in there
    Last edited by nicul15; 04-16-2019 at 09:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nicul15 View Post
    Your tuner should have values to put in the normal table to make the pedal feel stock. He can just drop them in there
    Depending on the power of the vehicle, it will probably be limiting and decrease spark.
    1999 Pontiac Firehawk

Advanced Tuner
    If you go to edit>View Change history logs then right click "Base" (assuming that's your base calibration), you can open it as a compare file and copy the data for "Map A" over up to about 80% as a bandaid if your tuner won't fix it properly and blend it out.

I'd work on it to make sure it's reasonably smooth though, the way it is now I feel like the car probably wants to drive itself.
    Last edited by sevinn; 04-17-2019 at 01:09 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by sevinn View Post
    If you go to edit>View Change history logs then right click "Base" (assuming that's your base calibration), you can open it as a compare file and copy the data for "Map A" over up to about 80% as a bandaid if your tuner won't fix it properly and blend it out.

I'd work on it to make sure it's reasonably smooth though, the way it is now I feel like the car probably wants to drive itself.
    I can definitely do that but I want to know which mode ties to which map or how I log to find that out. The other day I changed normal and snow and it felt like all the modes were affected so I am not sure how it works. I really just wanted to change tour and snow but now I want to know exactly which modes are tied to what.

Normal map is tour and sport
    Sport map is race
    Ice is probably ice

Pdl Mode & Pdl Req & Trans Shift Mode - (you would log these items)

A & A & A = Normal
    A & B & A = Normal trac off
    A & A & B = Sport
    A & B & B = Sport trac off
    B & B & B = Track trac off
    B & B & TUTD = Track Comp Mode

It's easy to figure out when you log these items and there are other items to know exactly what the car is reading. This should get you in the ballpark.
    1999 Pontiac Firehawk

Quote Originally Posted by Camaro6 View Post
    Pdl Mode & Pdl Req & Trans Shift Mode - (you would log these items)

A & A & A = Normal
    A & B & A = Normal trac off
    A & A & B = Sport
    A & B & B = Sport trac off
    B & B & B = Track trac off
    B & B & TUTD = Track Comp Mode

It's easy to figure out when you log these items and there are other items to know exactly what the car is reading. This should get you in the ballpark.
    The Accelerator Pedal Mode does not align with the Map A, Map B, and Map C Driver Demand tables. At least, that's the case on the 2017 Camaro ZL1. I imagine this is true across the entire 6th gen Camaro line.

I tested by maxing out one of the driver demand values at a really low number (I used 10). I then pushed the tune to the car, and tested to see which drive mode no longer had any power. Using this method, I found this to be the correct mapping in spite of the pedal modes reported by the car:

Map A Tour/Sport
    Map B Snow/Ice
    Map C Track