Thread: FG Barra N/A rev limiter

Potential Tuner

FG Barra N/A rev limiter

Hoping I could get some help, tuning an FG in a speedway car, loom was made by the customer, no speed input, and I hit a rev limit of 6500.

RPM cutoff both maxed to 10,000rpm, neutral and drive cutoff tables maxed to 8000rpm. Launch and ETC both maxed. Torque ratio fuel and spark set to 0.0 and 1.0 respectably.
    Torque module switch is still enabled, if I disable it is torque limtied somehow, throttle is really doey and it won't rev.
    Trans-General-Automatic is set to enable, if I disable the engine is rev limited to 3500rpm. Have also tryed most load switches and infered neuatral settings but unsure if there is a combination of the above that I havn't got right, or if it is because there is no speed input.

Engine has been built, CNC ported head, cams with 250something@50thou lift, higher compression ect, hense why I would like to be able to raise the limiter as power is still climbing.

If anyone has had any experience with this it would be greatly appreciated. If all else fails I will just send the ECU to someone who can bench flash it with SCT

James

Advanced Tuner
    is it a 5spd, manual or auto base tune?
    you can keep auto enabled, for no limp you basically need to raise the limp/FMEM trans fail limits
    to run it as manual with the auto switch disabled the ecu needs to see the output side of a reverse light switch - i assume it looks for like .2v that bleeds past the switch. without it the ecu runs locked in reverse torque maps, so low rev limit and low commanded torque.

theres another thread that has all the info about what changes need to be made, cant remember the title tho. have a search for fg limp mode.

Advanced Tuner
    file?

Potential Tuner
    Sorry mate, this should help.

Also is there a way to raise idle speed with out butchering the idle air multipliers? Doesn't matter what I set the idle to it is clipped at 848rpm.

File attached, Thanks for the replies
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    change inferred movement to 7000rpm
    enable vss out via SCP
    diable vss out via PCM
    VSS source 44

try adding idle rpm with start up adder and max the time