Thread: Ba Xr6t ute boost cut? torque cut? something is causing an issue.... help needed pls

Potential Tuner

Ba Xr6t ute boost cut? torque cut? something is causing an issue.... help needed pls

Hey people we have a ba falcon ute with some sort of cut going on but cant seem to work it out.. running around 16psi

mod list big cooler/air intake, flapper mod 12psi actuator, high flow 35/40 turbo 1150 injectors 480lph fuel pump, gapped .07mm plugs.

will attach map and log from dyno run any help/advise would be much appreciated thankyou.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    additional info on issue "seems like plug breaking down misfire" type of cut out

Potential Tuner
    have the valve springs been replaced? you might be getting valve float... and are you tuning it yourself?

Tuner in Training
    When did it start breaking down? After a mod? which mod? After a tune?

I find breaking down is usually a plug or coil issue, particularly when it happens at peak boost.

My guess is the electrical system (including the plugs) cant deliver enough energy to light the particular air/fuel mix you have in the cylinder at that boost/MAP pressure.

It could be caused by too rich AFR (If the mix is really rich, like lower than 0.8 lamda, it will be difficult to light)

Assuming AFR is sensible, i would guess electrical and in order of most probable, i would suggest coilpacks, plugs, wiring, then ecu.

You can also gap the plugs down further like 0.6mm, that should give you a clue as to what is going on

Advanced Tuner
    looks like overboost cut

also your wastegate DC after 4000rpm is 0%