Thread: Spark plugs recommendation

Tuner in Training

Spark plugs recommendation

Hi guys,

My 2012 Dodge Charger SRT8, 6.4L is literally melting my spark plugs one by one. There were Desnso ITV20 in it. I will try with ITV 22 now.
    But can you tell what plugs to use and to be sure they won't be melt when I push the engine a bit

Advanced Tuner
    Woah, you should not be melting plugs...period. If you are truly seeing indications that the plugs are melting then the motor is running dangerously lean. Iridium plugs have the best resistance to melting. Are you running any power adders...supercharger...cam..etc? Check your intake manifold bolts for proper torque as on challengers this is a common source of leaks.

Advanced Tuner
    What fuel are you running on?

Tuner in Training
    I have a procharger kit. We are making changes to the software here.(I can attach a file later,if needed)
    The fuel is petrol 95

Advanced Tuner
    That is what I suspected. Are you running a wideband and have you confirmed fueling is within safe limits? Normally on boosted applications you want to run 1 to 2 heat ranges colder on the plug. If you are not running forged pistons, be conservative with the tune and don't run too much boost. 6.4L are known to bust piston landings with ease.

Tuner in Training
    We are equipped with AEM wideband sensor and water/methanol injection, but I'm not sure about the pistons

Advanced Tuner
    so what plugs are recommended?
    By the prickle of my thumb something wicked this way comes!2008 Chrysler 300c! 2013 heads/220/230 comp cam/LTheaders/FTI 2600 stall converter.