Thread: LT4 Whipple at 17600 rpm

Tuner

LT4 Whipple at 17600 rpm

CTSV LT4, whipple 2.9 17600 rpm/low side fuel pump/cam with -1 overlap and 32% lobe/Katech 103/ 2"header/ ported heads flowing around 357cc intake at current lift/ full 3"exhaust/ alky control 15gpm jet.

Taught I would share because not enough people talk about pulley size or blower speed

I was really hoping to maxout blower to 18900/19000 rpm, but current 17600 rpm blower speed is on the ragged edge of fueling again. SOI is maxout given the camshaft spec, simply out of injection time. currently in the ragged edge concerning lambda. thinking of adding an extra alky jet to raise lambda until next winter port injection project. Was really not interested in wiring a standlone for port injection. will be looking for a simpler solution. Has anyone done a simple solution to add fuel? Got one in mind but need to speak to Julio (alky control first.

I HATE THESE DIRECT INJECTION
    currently at 872rwhp
    Last edited by obd2; 04-18-2019 at 09:18 PM.

Add direct port methanol injection.

Tuner
    yes that would work also. I suspect by adding another 15gph alky jet may satisfy current 17600 rpm blower speed but not at 18900. I've been always worried about methanol port injection of having 8 lines from a leak prospective. methanol has no smell and burns invisible.

Have an e38 running some ls9 injectors that chris did the harness setup for me...
    DID a stand alone fuel system with c85 kicks on at 2psi and SD section of e38 starts adding fueling at 3psi

No more fuel limitation

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Tuner
    Any idea of $$. Who is Chris

Tuner
    I was thinking of runing 8 5gph alky control jets running on a separate fuel line off the added low side fuel pump using a pressure regulator. I would use electronic nitrous controller to active durring wot and rpm. What is your taughts.

Tuner
    That would safe me welding bungs and easy wiring and cheap.

Chris Crawford... owner of Crawford racing, he’s a member here too!!

I don’t have much in my port injection in my opinion, outside the harness, maybe $600

14 Gen 5 Viper

Meth isn’t bad idea, but you really have to be up on the tune and making sure system is working.. early years of DI ltx tuning I had a customer make over 1200 hp with nothing more then lt4 fuel system, cam lobe and around 45hph of 100% meth, car still tuning the setup 3 years later

14 Gen 5 Viper

Tuner
    Thx for info. As for my idea of using 8 5gph alky jets bolted below whipple coolers on each port i would use the fuel from the gas tank via the extra low side fuel pump i installed. So the 8 jet would be spaying same fuel from gas tank. I would use regulator to control pressure. I would first need to bench test it and measure the fuel existing at various pressures for proper fuel distribution. I think activating at 4500 at wot. I am sure it would not be to difficult to tune. I think it would work also.