Thread: MPVI2 Question

Tuner in Training

MPVI2 Question

When I go to tune my friends car do It always need internet because it will not tune the car without internet which makes no sense. My MPVI never needs internet when I do a car.

Yup, the MPVI2 needs the internet to license vehicles as there is no app key anymore.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    that's stupid that needs to be fix. pointless for tuning on the road that means you would have to drive home just to connect to wifi just to retune it.

What kinda car is it?

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

It doesn't need Internet for every car

Tuner in Training
    2018 dodge charger srt8

Yeah, you just need internet for the first license and for 2017+ GM products.

You should still be able to flash other files while on the road.

This thread is for GM. Dodge and ford may be different.

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthread.php?72739-tuning-2017-up-procees-has-changed&highlight=internet+required

Tuner in Training
    we already got the smart access cable and pcm from Hptuners. Ive done calibrate it twice now but every time it needs internet which make no sense.

Look into your cellphone plan. Mine is unlimited and I can setup wifi hotspot anywhere with the phone

Advanced Tuner
    What Poppacapp said, either tether your phone with 4G LTE or buy a cheap tablet/hotspot and use that to tether.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS - manual, CGM, 6M, sunroof, mods in process
    2008 TrailBlazer 3SS AWD LS2, loaded, dropped, modded, SE22 Performance tuned. And then some...
    2002 TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4.2L I6, lifted, tires, exhaust, SE22 Performance tuned