Thread: 2016 z06 need computer

Tuner in Training

2016 z06 need computer

So for reasons beyond my control i have a bricked e92 out of a z06. i purchased a new one. to be sure, is there anything different procedure to writing onto the new ecm. i have a good file i just dont feel like having another bricking another one. thanks

Has the new computer been flashed by the dealership first with the VIN?

That has to be done first, HPT can't write to blank computers.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

yeah like five finger said; first get the pcm programmed to the vehicle for pats & bcm communication. you can do this with a gm mdi 2 and 40$ to acdelco for the online licensing. or pay the dealership 100-150. do not use hptuners until the vehicle is in factory state aka run'n'drive.
    2016 GenV 2SS twin turbo @20psi

Tuner in Training
    Thanks guys so then I would be able to access the ecm like always I assume. Would it be best to rewrite all the tunes off the new ecm flash. Or will the old one work after.

Thanks

Maybe personal preference here but first you will of course have to read and license the new computer after you do what needs to be done. Then I'd take your old tune and just use the compare feature if you want to copy over all the old tune files data into a new tune for the new computer.

That would be a super quick, couple click method to copy over all the data and then go ahead and flash as you wish.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner
    I bricked 1 before. I bet you dollar to donuts if you reflash it with mdi2 wirh gm sps will bring it back to life and save you the hp tuners credit. Always worked for me. I suspect ecu powered off durring the errase process, or you lost connection.
    Last edited by obd2; 04-18-2019 at 09:17 PM.