Thread: Idle is getting much better

Tuner in Training

Idle is getting much better

I have made good progress on the idle. I still have a couple small issues. A warm start flare and the idle hangs after a throttle burp. I may need other adjustments also. I think I am figuring this out. I have attached the latest tune, log and cfg files.idle hang.Channels.xmlidle hang.hplidle hang.hpt

Advanced Tuner
    The idle is supposed to go a little higher at first, but if you don't want it to go as high or come down quicker you adjust that from your friction air flow and your start up airflow. You have both of them when it is warm adding 40 lb/h of air so that is a total of 80. Lower those values and you can lessen the time that they are applied by lowering the friction and or start up airflow delay values. A number of 8 cam revolutions is about 1 second. And the idle hang is from throttle follower. Same thing on that lower the values or make it decay out quicker by adding higher values to decay more air out quicker. But you should do this after you have logged your braf for in park and in gear then copying and pasting those in the braf table.

Advanced Tuner
    You should also log all of the different idle airflow channels so that you know what airflow is being added and when it is being added.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks Ryan, I will work on those today.