Thread: Hero 7 Connects on IPhone but not Android

Potential Tuner

Hero 7 Connects on IPhone but not Android

Hi,
    Just downloaded the TrackAddict app onto my Android running 9. I was trying to get my GoPro Hero 7 Black to connect to my Android in the app but I keep getting the red "ext cam" at the bottom of the screen. The phone is connected to the camera's wifi and I can connect the GoPro app to the camera with no issue. When I go into camera setup on TA GoPro is selected but it says "Connect to WiFi Network" even though I am already connected to the GoPro's wifi. Forgetting the network and re-selecting it doesn't work.

I pulled out my old iPhone 6 and installed TrackAddict and the GoPro app. On the iOS version of TrackAddict I can connect to the Hero 7 without issue.

Any ideas why this isnt working on Android?

Thanks

My first thought is that recent versions of Android have a "feature" where they will show a prompt indicating that there's no Internet connectivity on the selected WiFi network and require you to confirm that you want to use it. If I simply ignore this prompt, I have found that it may say it's connected to the WiFi network, but it wont actually use it. In some cases, you may need to go into your phone's Settings app to make sure the desired WiFi network is selected and in use.

Potential Tuner
    Having the same problem. Will give this a shot to see if it works.. I did notice the pop-up come up when connecting to my hero 7s network.

Potential Tuner
    That seemed to do it! Thanks