Thread: Unlocked 10 speed tcm now saying locked again since been wrote to.

Unlocked 10 speed tcm now saying locked again since been wrote to.

So haven?t touched my tcm since the initial changes I made when got it back from hpt from getting locked up. I made some changes and wrote it and been fine so don?t usually mess with it. Wanting to raise my shift points I go to do a new write and won?t take. So I try to read it again and says it needs to be sent for unlock service which has been done. So contact support and all I?m told is I licensed it on the mpvi1 on this license and now using a mpvi2 and that?s it. So I assumed they fixed it on that end but still not working. I did upgrade to the mpvi2 by trading in my old 1 as they recommend. Had they told me it was going to screw with my unlock I would have kept the old one and not sent it back. Really hoping this is an easy fix and don?t have to send back the tcm. It doesn?t make sense if your a shop and do this you have to send back say 20 tcm you have licensed and unlocked? So that doesn?t even sound like they would expect that and if did they would warn you before the upgrade.
    Trying to go to the track today and support takes forever to get back so hoping someone here can point me in the right direction.
    Thanks
    First 9 second 6th gen lt4 zl1 stock blower SHC SBE boost only.

2013 cadillac ats 2.0t Big turbo-gone
    2007 tahoe 5.3 lsa blower on 14 lbs boost 6l80e swap 2009 os
    2017 zl1 a10 big gulp/2 inch headers/ 9.55 lower/ e85/bigger hx /103mm tb / Synergy trunk tank and underhood kit/methanol injection with torqbyte controller and prometh pump / Jokerz performance R&D ported stock blower/ lme cnc heads /GP tuning custom cam. So far 9.30@150

So still waiting on this from support. With the mpvi2 it seems I cannot acess my tcm now and sounds like they are also stumped possibly. If anyone else has swapped from the 1 to the 2 and not had issues please let me know.

2017 zl1 a10 big gulp/2 inch headers/ 9.55 lower/ e85/bigger hx /103mm tb / Synergy trunk tank and underhood kit/methanol injection with torqbyte controller and prometh pump / Jokerz performance R&D ported stock blower/ lme cnc heads /GP tuning custom cam. So far 9.30@150

Advanced Tuner
    I dont have any info to help you with your tcm issue, I just wanted to let you know your sig is incorrect. The "record holder" bolt on Zl1 is in Texas (the Yellow AMP built car), Not yours, in Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam88gta1 View Post
    I dont have any info to help you with your tcm issue, I just wanted to let you know your sig is incorrect. The "record holder" bolt on Zl1 is in Texas (the Yellow AMP built car), Not yours, in Florida.
    Yea I havent updated it here yet went 9.72@143 two weeks ago in gainsville I havent seen that fast posted anywhere other then a heads and cam car.

]IMG_8017.JPG was a little off on the time but you get the point. If remember right they were in the 9.80 range not the 70s. I haven?t posted it as going back on skinny?s and with an ice tank to go after the heads and cam record of 9.58@143. I have been 145 mph but spun to a 9.80 something but this was my best et on a full weight setup stock rims and 1/2 tank of gas so as you see just in my setup I have a few ths hiding and I have gone to full e85 now too. My wife didn?t get the full video of the pass just the launch and going down the track stoped before time came up so didn?t bother posting it and still not what this car has in it anyway. So again didn?t bother with it. When I go back I?ll plan on it being recorded. I do test and tunes and track rentals are chicken shit to go after a record. If I had that and could cool the car and strip the interior like some do I?d easliy own this record and it never be touched. I run my car how it runs on the street.

I upgraded from MPVI1pro to MPVI2pro with an unlocked 2017 TCM and no weird issues for me.

Thanks for the info. Maybe it’s not that then. Seems to be a one off problem I’m having. I have sent them debug files tried to erase stuff updated it all. They asked me if I ever wrote to the car with the GM mdi2 which I did get this unlocked with no program then programmed it but had been writing to it just fine. I have used my mdi2 to do some stuff to my diff recalibrate the clutch pack did an air bleed so I had accessed all the modules again recently but no new writes to it and this car doesn’t go to the dealer for work. Wanted to go to the track tonight going to be in the 60s here but with it short shifting trying to paddle shift a 10 speed with around 800whp and stay out of the limiter is tricky. Every time I have done it I shift early or get too close to the rev limit piss it off and closes the throttle. I might move the rev limit to 7500 and try to make 6700 rpm shifts if I do go. Car doesn’t like the 5900-6100 shifts it’s been doing now. Or might try to play with tire size since that’s in the ecm to make the whole shift table slide up some. Frustrating as want to add pressure to my 6-7 shift as it’s got a little lazy and know that’s a weak point if don’t give it some attention. Maybe they will figure it out today as I gave alot of new info last night. Seen this has a lot of views so thanks to anyone that posts with info anything to help shed some light.

Sorry I dont have any more info than that.

The only difference, besides vehicles, is that I bought a TCM from Justin@Speartech pre-programmed with my VIN and most current CAL at the time. I put that in the truck, did a quick learn and drove around for a couple of weeks before sending the TCM to HP.

The only issue I have with the MPVI2 was the USB cable, all of a sudden one I could not connect to scanner and when it did some channels showed some did not. New usb cable for some reason fixed that issue. I have go to the point where I keep 2 back up cables at all times. If something weird starts to happen, swap cable and re-test, if something is still weird I then move on to 'questioning why and because of what?"

Hopefully you can get your issue resolved and can get your shift points up where you need them without to much more hassle.

Afterthought: Have you tried another MPVI, just for shits and giggles