Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 3.5 ecoboost owners

Tuner
    truck had no mods, 100% stock just a tune on 93 octane

This is the E30 tune I am running on my 2018 F150 3.5. It was done by a well known tuning company. I added 5.5 degrees of timing. It was very conservative. Big gains over 93 performance I was using.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Davem3261 View Post
    This is the E30 tune I am running on my 2018 F150 3.5. It was done by a well known tuning company. I added 5.5 degrees of timing. It was very conservative. Big gains over 93 performance I was using.
    On the E30 tune I am developing for my '13 I am relying on the knock strategy to add timing based on learned octane. I also use it as a flex tune so I can run 91 as well. It seems to be working pretty well so far. On E30 it will add about 6 deg of timing at 17 psi, totaling about 11 deg.
    Owner/Tuner@Evolution Automotive Performance
    Lincoln, Ne

Would you care to share your flex tune? I enabled the flex fuel and copyed all of the flex tables off of a 2018 f150 with a 5.0. Still experimenting with that. I haven't figured out the best way to remove timing for 93. My truck wants 10 degrees on E30 and 3 degrees on 93. The E30 tune that I started with didn't add any timing with the octane modifier. I'm going to try 93 and see if it will pull timing back.

Quote Originally Posted by Davem3261 View Post
    Would you care to share your flex tune? I enabled the flex fuel and copyed all of the flex tables off of a 2018 f150 with a 5.0. Still experimenting with that. I haven't figured out the best way to remove timing for 93. My truck wants 10 degrees on E30 and 3 degrees on 93. The E30 tune that I started with didn't add any timing with the octane modifier. I'm going to try 93 and see if it will pull timing back.
    I would rather not share until I figure out some of the issues I'm having. I do not have flex fuel enabled, I'm just using the fuel trims to make up the difference between E30 and 91.

That being said, I just made the octane learning more aggressive and increased the limit of added timing to 8 degrees. It typically takes a couple pulls but the truck has no issues stacking timing in through a 2nd gear pull and then maintains it unless it sees knock.

I'm currently having issues with the truck dropping out of Power Enrichment at WOT on more extended pulls, like a 1/4 mile run. 1/8th mile it runs great. I think it may be related to the load exceeding the max on the stock torque tables. I haven't had much time to mess with it lately though, and with winter approaching I probably will just drive it as-is all winter.
    Last edited by Evo8john; 10-29-2021 at 08:30 AM.
    Lincoln, Ne

Tuner in Training

2018 3.5 Stock Tune

StockTune20211026.hpt

2018 F150 3.5 EcoBoost 10r80 2wd 3.55 - AFE Intake, Injen Intercooler, AMS tubes - Stock Tune

Anybody have a stock file from the Ford Performance 3.5l crate engine? The Control Pack (M-6017-35CNTRL) seems to be NLA, and I really want to use a 3.5L with a manual transmission in a project car I'm building. Thanks!

Advanced Tuner
    Does anyone have a good Config for scanning the 3.5Eco they could share please?

04 Sierra Denali,370,S485B, Built 4L80E, 3barOLSD, E85

Quote Originally Posted by 03Sierraslt View Post
    I will try and remember to share mine tonight. It will be different for different years though. My parameters will be for a '13.
    Lincoln, Ne

Potential Tuner
    Hey all long time lurker but finally pulled the trigger and purchased a tuner to try to understand the tuning better.

I'm curious if anyone has been able to read/gather information on a Lincoln Navigator 3.5EB earlier than 2019? I have a 2016 L Select that I've done a lot of upgrading to and had it tuned unfortunately after replacing the stock exhaust I'm stuck with permanent P0420/P0430 errors. I was going to just turn off the reporting but it seems as the current vehicle support list doesn't support anything earlier than a 2019 which I'm hoping that someone, anyone has been able to get the Editor to Gather and Read the data.

Right now the tuner doesn't read the hardware or the operating system and I'm hoping there is a chance that someone has figured a way or maybe there is a beta in development or better yet if nothing will ever support it just knowing would at least be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by js1974 View Post
    Hey all long time lurker but finally pulled the trigger and purchased a tuner to try to understand the tuning better.

I'm curious if anyone has been able to read/gather information on a Lincoln Navigator 3.5EB earlier than 2019? I have a 2016 L Select that I've done a lot of upgrading to and had it tuned unfortunately after replacing the stock exhaust I'm stuck with permanent P0420/P0430 errors. I was going to just turn off the reporting but it seems as the current vehicle support list doesn't support anything earlier than a 2019 which I'm hoping that someone, anyone has been able to get the Editor to Gather and Read the data.

Right now the tuner doesn't read the hardware or the operating system and I'm hoping there is a chance that someone has figured a way or maybe there is a beta in development or better yet if nothing will ever support it just knowing would at least be helpful.

Thanks in advance.
    I tuned a 2017 Ford Expedition which I think should be similar to yours.

How was it previously tuned? What happens when you try to read? Did you try manually selecting the correct ecu?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by jr2185 View Post
    I tuned a 2017 Ford Expedition which I think should be similar to yours.

How was it previously tuned? What happens when you try to read? Did you try manually selecting the correct ecu?
    That would be one issue I'm not sure which is the correct ECU to select. I've attempted to research and find the numbers that correlate with the ECU but no luck as of yet. I do see it supports the Expedition but not the Navigator which they are practically the same with different badges and suspension.

Right now it was tuned by 5star tuning with an SCT tuner on it.

Turning off the error reporting seems easy enough to do if I can figure out which ECU to use.

That would be one issue I'm not sure which is the correct ECU to select. I've attempted to research and find the numbers that correlate with the ECU but no luck as of yet. I do see it supports the Expedition but not the Navigator which they are practically the same with different badges and suspension.

Right now it was tuned by 5star tuning with an SCT tuner on it.

Turning off the error reporting seems easy enough to do if I can figure out which ECU to use.
    Try TC-1797 and see if it reads.

Some tuners with SCT will change the OS number so that HPT won't recognize it. It should still read, but you may not be able to open it.

Potential Tuner
    Try TC-1797 and see if it reads.

Some tuners with SCT will change the OS number so that HPT won't recognize it. It should still read, but you may not be able to open it.
    Gave it a shot it reads the ECU data but can't write anything. Is that just related to the SCT Tuner?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 03Sierraslt View Post
    This is what I use.

ecoboost.Channels.xml

Tuner in Training
    Gave it a shot it reads the ECU data but can't write anything. Is that just related to the SCT Tuner?
    It's a scramble that the tuners use to prevent it from being read by HPTuners.

Where you able to read and save the file but then it gave a checksum error?

Do you have the SCT tuner with which you could turn it back to stock and make sure it then works to read it?

Potential Tuner
    Where you able to read and save the file but then it gave a checksum error?

Do you have the SCT tuner with which you could turn it back to stock and make sure it then works to read it?
    Yes I can roll it back to stock without a problem.

Potential Tuner
    This is a tune for my 2015 SHO that I've been working on recently. Car has catless downpipes, xdi evo pump, modified stock air box, 3 bar map, and water/meth injection. Run various blends of fuel from straight 93 to full E85 (only possible with meth inj).

Looking at some of the tunes posted it looks like I've changed some areas others haven't(including big name tuners). I've made big changes to the VVT fuel economy table, and the AWD power distribution tables. I wonder why nobody has messed with the cams, makes a big difference in both power and highway mpg.

Do not run this with my Power Enrichment tables, I think my widebands are dying and causing me to roll coal all the way up to .88 lambda. I used to run it at .82 with good results across the blends of fuel.

I'm newish to the ecoboost platform, and would love feedback if you happen to check it out.

flexfuel17psi.hpt

Tuner in Training
    With the AWD distribution are you seeing much difference when changing the tables?