Thread: Basic AFR while in PE with Knock retard side conversation

Potential Tuner

Basic AFR while in PE with Knock retard side conversation

So I've got a fresh mostly new lump maybe 800 miles since tuned and just over 1,000 in my C5 Vette open track day car (LS3 top end,LS2 bottom end, NA ). 12:1 compression larger cam forged pistons running pump gas(will run an octane booster at road course) with LS1 resonant knock sensors mounted to the Aluminum block, stock tune for knock parameters. Currently running 21* of timing at max torque through redline. AFR Varies from 12.5-12.75 . I had it tuned for safe max HP at reputable shop but was told I would have to tune for overall drivability. He knew I have HP Tuners and we talked about changes so he didn't lock tune. I've gotten fuel at some of the small Mom and Pop gas stations on purpose still getting 91 octane to see what tune would do. I see 1*-2*of knock retard in the 5200-6000 rpm range from time to time. My intake temps are about 75-80 degrees F . Was in the 1.04-1.08 g of cylinder airmass cells when knock occurred. The 2* of knock retard is costing me about 15hp from what I saw on the dyno when we were creeping up on the timing of 21* from 19* at WOT. Car put down 440hp 420ft/lbs . Stock LS3 heads Stock LS3 intake manifold Stock LS2 throttle body. Comp cam .610 I .615 Ex Lift. 242 I 248 Ex duration ,108 centerline. 110* lobe seperation, 25* overlap. Tuner set the Stoic to 14.08, I've been messaging the MAF curve to achieve that # till PE kicks in. Target AFR while in PE is 12.5 at max Torque then tapers to 12.68 until redline then I fatten back to 12.5. So I'm going to log some more runs to duplicate knock, then drop some octane booster in it and see what I get before I change. What have you guys seen and done? Please don't respond, "I disconnected the Knock sensors". Thanks for your input

Try to run 12.2-12.4 AFR and see if the knock goes away. Being a track car I'd rather have the mixture a little more rich and keep the knock away.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.