Thread: 2016 Silverado L83 A6

Tuner in Training

2016 Silverado L83 A6

Hey guys. I am fairly green at tuning. I have made adjustments to the truck over the past 6 or 7 months without any issues. Basing most of it off what I've read here. Im run 93 fuel and the truck runs good without KR or any other issues. Id just like to know if I have been making any potential mistakes, making adjustments not needed, or just missing things that could leave power on the table. I had sent my file to someone a month ago that wanted to look it over but they never got back with me and I'm not the kind to bother anyone.

Anyway I also just installed a CAI and TSP long tube headers. I've always been told that after headers you need to tune for them. Other than disabling COT, cat test and the codes I'm not even sure where to start with the maf/vve. Is there a thread I can read on how to set this up? My ltfts are a negative. I've seen -2 to -6. Bank 1 is always more thank bank 2. I tried to get a log today to really take a look but the scanner would not pick up most of the parameters no matter what I did. I ended up using the track addict app to view what the fuel trims were. I'm going to try another version of the vcm scanner and attempt it again.

I've uploaded the current tune file and my stock file.
    Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

Do you have a wideband o2 sensor yet?

You will need one of those before you can really do anything. The VCM scanner section and probably youtube has video's on setting up MAF error graphs and VVE so you can get fueling under control.

I wasn't digging very deep but nothing jumped out on a quick run through. I personally setup my transmission stuff different than yours though. Like disabling the converter in gears 1-4 and have slightly different shift pressure/timing settings. I also move the 5th and 6th gear lock up speeds much higher to help converter life.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Yes I have the AEM X series 30-0334. It's been on the truck since I've started tuning with hpt. I'll have to give those a look.

The transmission side does need work. I have gone back with stock settings to start over I dont know how many times. Its alot better than what it was but it could always be better ha. I'll try out those settings you suggest and see what happens. Thanks for your input.

Potential Tuner
    care if i send ya a pm got a few questions on how your tunning the trans

Tuner in Training
    Do any of you guys out there know of anyone that will go through my tune or stock tune and make adjustments for power and eventually for a TSP Cam.. I have not been able to find anyone local that knows what they are doing with these LT engines.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by bensalz1911 View Post
    care if i send ya a pm got a few questions on how your tunning the trans
    No I dont mind

Advanced Tuner
    I done several.