Thread: 2018 Landcruiser Magnuson supercharger check engine light

Potential Tuner

2018 Landcruiser Magnuson supercharger check engine light

I purchased a new 2018 Toyota Landcruiser and had the dealer install a Magnuson supercharger. The dealer in Pennsylvania put 100 test miles on it and then drove it to Boston where I took delivery. The set up is awesome and the truck runs very well with gobs of low end torque which is what I was after since this truck out of the box was very sluggish off the line. The exception to it running well is an occasional mild surge when sitting at a red light. Shortly after taking delivery I got a check engine light, I took it to a local dealer and the fault said right fuel bank rich, left fuel bank rich. After clearing the code it came right back on after about 15 minutes and continues to come on every time it?s cleared in that same 15 minutes. The dealer where I purchased the truck sent a switch that plugged into the com port of the Unichip which was meant to change the map to compensate for winter blend fuel. This seemed to work because driving in the Boston suburb environment no light, I thought the problem was solved until we drove on the interstate mostly between 80-85 occasional 90 for about an hour the light came on as we decelerated on the exit ramp. I cleared the code by disconnecting the battery and after driving approximately 30 minutes in the suburb environment the light came on again. Does anyone know what this could be?

Tuner
    Sounds like the fuel calibration/injector scaling is poorly mapped.

If you're using a Unichip for fueling I don't suspect you're going to get much assistance with your issues here as this is a community forum for HPTuners software/hardware.

I guess the post was edited? I dont see anything about a Unichip.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich550 View Post
    I purchased a new 2018 Toyota Landcruiser and had the dealer install a Magnuson supercharger. The dealer in Pennsylvania put 100 test miles on it and then drove it to Boston where I took delivery. The set up is awesome and the truck runs very well with gobs of low end torque which is what I was after since this truck out of the box was very sluggish off the line. The exception to it running well is an occasional mild surge when sitting at a red light. Shortly after taking delivery I got a check engine light, I took it to a local dealer and the fault said right fuel bank rich, left fuel bank rich. After clearing the code it came right back on after about 15 minutes and continues to come on every time it?s cleared in that same 15 minutes. The dealer where I purchased the truck sent a switch that plugged into the com port of the Unichip which was meant to change the map to compensate for winter blend fuel. This seemed to work because driving in the Boston suburb environment no light, I thought the problem was solved until we drove on the interstate mostly between 80-85 occasional 90 for about an hour the light came on as we decelerated on the exit ramp. I cleared the code by disconnecting the battery and after driving approximately 30 minutes in the suburb environment the light came on again. Does anyone know what this could be?

Potential Tuner
    Both times you describe it happened at a light or when slowing down. Both of these cases, the engine is pulling a vacuum so it could be sucking in fuel vapor. Might be worth looking at whether there is a canister purge valve stuck open or an evap hose connected incorrectly.