Thread: Identical Engines, Very Different TQ Error Behavior

Identical Engines, Very Different TQ Error Behavior

I have two engines, with essentially identical build outs:

Coyote 5.0 6MT (2012 and 2014)
    Eaton M122 Supercharger
    OEM Twin 60mm TB
    OEM GT500 MAF Housing (and transfer function)
    OEM GT500 MU52 Injectors

The 2012 is running the Ford Racing FPDX strategy and I have spent a lot of time on this tune. The throttle response is great and IPC TQ errors are essentially none.

Because HPT makes it so difficult / expensive to change strategies, we are trying to get the 2014 running well on the stock FPFD strategy.

The tunes are running identical injector settings, TQ/ INV tables, Throttle body tables, Driver Demand, spark, etc; but the 2014 is being a nightmare with TQ errors causing/correlating with surge and TB closing.

Here is a snapshot of logs between cars where the conditions are nearly identical, but the 2014 throws a fit:

X-strat-IPC-Error.jpg

Any ideas what I am missing here? As usual, IPC TQ error's values make no sense. If you divided them by 10, it would seem more reasonable:

226 lb-ft - 173 lb-ft = 53 lb-ft
    (BK TQ) (ETC Req)
    IPC TQ Error / 10 = 49 lb-ft

Log file attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Nobody?

Advanced Tuner
    From what I've read here... It's the consensus that certain strategies perform better but no one knows why. Likely some values in HPT that haven't been mapped, or some other built in logic we cannot even change.

I'm probably staying the tryhard NA build because I don't feel like going through this same issue... My strategy is FSFD2AA 2014 Auto. I wonder if this one is good blown?
    Knock Retard is the reduction or prevention of knock by lowering ignition timing:

(+) Adding Knock Retard = Reducing Timing. PCM is seeing knock.
    (--) Lowering Knock Retard = Increasing Timing. PCM isn't seeing knock.
    __________________________________________________ ________

2014 Mustang GT Premium. VMP Gen2R Supercharged with an FTI 3000rpm Converter. JLT, BMR, Steeda, Viking, etc.
    Don't fix it if it ain't broken | Maximum effort gets maximum results

Yeah, it's a real pain to have identical settings, and identical builds, yet one car works beautifully (FPDX) and one car's ETC is all over the place (FPFD)

I have been pushing HPT via support to make strategy changes more reasonable, but have gotten no traction yet.

It should not cost 6 credits to switch strategies.

Quote Originally Posted by blackbolt22 View Post
    ...My strategy is FSFD2AA 2014 Auto. I wonder if this one is good blown?
    I've been using this strategy (FSFD2A5) for a while with a Paxton/Vortech car without issue.