Advanced Tuner

Lean tip in 2006 GT

Hey everyone,

2006 mustang GT Stock bottom end
    Whipple 2.3, 10 rib, 11psi
    Gt500 injectors, twin pumps
    Short tube headers, axlebacks
    123mm CJ MAF and bell, custom intake tube

I have been struggling with the tune on this, car runs ok pretty much everywhere except initial tip in. It's worst starting from a stop, bad enough to keep me from trying to shoot through holes in traffic, but also goes lean on every shift. I have played with the manifold volume quite a bit, and while this has made it better its still not gone. I am sure I am missing something small, I just need help figuring out what it is.

The other problem is it will go excessively rich in a power pull, and I am not sure if its fuel pressures or demands causing it.
    4 18 19.hpl

virgin 18th v1.hpt
    Last edited by B E N; 04-21-2019 at 10:31 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Bump

Advanced Tuner
    Since there isn't that much available on the three valves ill post solutions as I fix problems.

I have largely cured this. The biggest fix was tweaking the injector slopes, manifold volume seems happiest at 7 liters, there may be a little tweaking left on this, but the afr are pretty much dead on under full load and cruising.

I still have a few issues, I think its transients though, it will go lean for a moment then rich. I need to figure out what to histogram to fix these.

Warm startup isn't great either and I am not sure how to get it to be snappier, have to crank it for 4-5 seconds before it starts to fire.

4 25 2019 v4.hpt
    4 25 19 first.hpl