Thread: Hot Start Issue

Tuner in Training

Hot Start Issue

Hey guys!
    Having a annoying hot start issue.
    If my car gets up to temp, then I shut it off for a while (5min to an hour-ish)... when I try to restart it, it will take multiple cranks.
    I hit the key and it kinda "fires" right away (enough for the starter to disengage but not enough to actually start).
    Then I hit the key again, and it will either start or repeat the same thing as the first key hit.
    Usually it will start on the 3rd try for sure.
    What do I need to start tinkering with? Too much cranking fuel? Not enough? Or is the cranking fuel ok (because it "fires" right away) but the initial OL fueling is off?

There are just SOOOO many fueling parameters to tweak, I don't know where to start.
    I did a couple of logs, but they don't really tell you anything because the wideband is still booting-up.
    I will attach one anyway though.

Help guys! This is really annoying. Myself and my starter will thank you!

2001 Corvette
    Manual Trans
    LS3 Swapped
    BTR Supercharger Cam (medium size)
    Vortech T-Trim
    LS9 Map Sensor
    3 Bar SD OS conversion
    Long Tube Headers (with factory O2 sensors and a wideband in bank 1)
    80lb injectors
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    I noticed the same thing with my 04' Z06 last summer. Didn't happen all the time and was random. Sadly, it would only happen when I didn't have my laptop with me cruising around. Sub'd to hear suggestions

Tuner in Training
    Anyone have ideas?

Advanced Tuner
    id start by removing some fuel from your cranking fueling chart in the problem temps. start with 10-15% and see how it goes