Thread: .3 second power enrichment delay

Advanced Tuner

.3 second power enrichment delay

Hi, I have am wondering if anyone can tell why there is like a .3 delay for power enrichment to kick in. I have it set to zero seconds but there seems to be something that is delaying it a little. Also I am having issue with the 1-2 shift, it keeps on wanting to hit the rev limiter and not shift in to second quick enough, any ideas for that would be nice also. Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by ryan_axberg; 04-22-2019 at 12:40 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Another thing I just noticed that it went up to 6900 rpm but I have fuel cut at 6700. I just saw that it cut fuel to only one injector bank instead of all 8 injectors. Would anyone know why that would be either?

Senior Tuner
    The PE is activating as it should. As soon as it reaches the TPS threshold, it's going into PE mode. If you want it to go into PE a little sooner, just drop the TPS threshold just a bit more. You might drop the commanded shift rpm another 200 rpm for the 1-2 shift. You've got the WOT shift set for 6500 rpm, but the rev limiter is at 6700...just a little too close for comfort.

There is always going to be a very very small delay because it takes time for things to happen. It has to send the request for PE or BE, the engine is still sucking in air at this point, now the injectors start firing more fuel, it takes time to enter the cylinders, get compressed and explode, then exit the cylinder head into the exhaust and past the wideband.

Have you tried cutting the shift mph back by like 5mph to see if it stops tagging the limiter?
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Advanced Tuner
    I have. I set it wayy back to try to get it to shift sooner. I want it to ideally shift at like 60 mph which would be around the 6500 rpm but I have been setting it back farther and farther but it still doesn't want to shift. I have it set to something like 45 mph and 6000 rpm but it just keeps on going. I have the shift time to .1 seconds and the shift pressure at 90 psi from like 400 foot pounds up.

Advanced Tuner
    Would you have any idea why it only cut fuel to 4 out of 8 of the injectors though?

Advanced Tuner
    I have the 1-2 shift commanded at 6100 and the mph at 48. It was all the way up to 64 mph in first and still didn't shift at 6900 rpm. The PE tps is set to 20 percent from 2400 rpm on up and it was at 31 percent when it started commanding richer than 14.7. Im gonna try lowering it to 6000 and 45 but I think there might be some other issue. Also would you have any idea on why it only cut fuel to 4 out of the 8 injectors when it was hitting the rev limiter? thanks

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan_axberg View Post
    Would you have any idea why it only cut fuel to 4 out of 8 of the injectors though?
    Because GM programmed it that way. You can actually disable torque management cut on the injectors.

Advanced Tuner
    What do you mean by disable torque management cut on the injectors?

ECM table 12851.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.