Thread: Missing feature: Auto-Joining GoPro video sequence with embedded GPS data

Potential Tuner

Missing feature: Auto-Joining GoPro video sequence with embedded GPS data

Hi RaceRender team,

I am purchased RR ultimate to overcome issues with Dashware. Thank you for allowing "knots" as unit, as I am using RR for sailing.
    However, the most annoying problem with RaceRender is the waste of time and energy to simply create speed overlay over 90min GOPRO Hero 5+ videos. As gopro is always pieceparting videos i end up needing to import e.g. 10+ videos with lots of manual work.

So just rendering speed over 90min video is really painful, and i suggest to improve RaceRender. Here is the pain first:

1) "Add Input Files" : select e.g. 10 GOXXnnnn videos at once seems to be convenient, but :

having 10 times to do the following
    * click "accept to import GPS data"
    * wait a bit...
    * click cancel on the template dialog

2) remove the 10 videos from the "display objects" list

3) manually click 10 video files to join them

4) manually click 10 data files to join them

5) add the joined video to display objects

6) add the joined data to my speedometer display

===> this could be all one easy step.

The request is to handle the GOPRO file sequence automatically when importing multiple files at once, in correct order defined by the awkward GOPRO file naming, and automatically create join groups and automatically also join the embedded GPS data. ---> this would be such an improvement. And you could market racerender as gopro media stitching tool as still many search for that as gopro quik is incapable.

Thank you
    FG

Potential Tuner
    I should further add, that a proper joining of the GPS data would also allow for a consistent max value in speedometer. right now every goproxxxx file data extraction gets its own max with the speedometer, so in fact GPS data remains disjoint. here is a screenshot to further clarify. hope that helps.
    racerender.png

best,
    FG

Tuner in Training
    FG,

I'll second your request. It would solve many of the issues I am having as well. The other issue is that if you have already "extracted" the GPS data, it asks you if you want to do so again. Should be an option to use existing datafile if it already exists.

I have commented here on the fact that the track maps are separated by each gopro "input file" several months ago. Unfortunately, like every one of my posts over the past 4+ months...no response whatsoever from the RR team I certainly don't expect immediate responses but I feel as I have been ghosted by the RR team.

Glenn

Tuner in Training
    Thanks to the excellent documentation and prompt technical support provided here (/s) I just figured this one out!

Instead of doing a multi-select and selected each part of a multi-part video (I was doing this as well)...just select 1 single part of the multi-part file. RR actually realizes it is a multi-part video and prompts you to join them automatically. It also joins the datafile into a single unit.

Glenn