Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Little help with 2015 SRT 392 tune with Apache Max Cam and cat deletes

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 06300CSRT8 View Post
    post a dyno sheet pic too, if you have it
    I don't have it...Its on his computer...Different Dyno, my wheels were taken off and boxes were mounted to the sides...He's just getting started and all the his stuff isn't in the new building

Tuner
    06300CSRT8 sending you the WHOLE tune...For some reason when I posted the other one the Trans stuff didn't get downloaded so the torque management hasn't been touched... Can you look at it and tell me what can be done? PMing...Nevermind I don't see how to send it in PM.....
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by ShannonSRT; 05-29-2019 at 10:53 AM.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ShannonSRT View Post
    06300CSRT8 sending you the WHOLE tune...For some reason when I posted the other one the Trans stuff didn't get downloaded so the torque management hasn't been touched... Can you look at it and tell me what can be done? PMing...Nevermind I don't see how to send it in PM.....
    I don't want to steer you wrong, i have little experience tuning 8 speeds (yet).

Tuner
    I don't want to steer you wrong, i have little experience tuning 8 speeds (yet).
    Gotya thanks anyway....I know the Diablo guys know what to do but how that transfers over to HP is a different story

Tuner in Training moparsoldier85's Avatar
    Good info 06300CSRT8. Also learning the way of the cam timing. Paid a Non-Mopar shop to shoot me a tune (said he knew how to tune them) and the cam timing was never touched.

Tuner
    yep mine is a monster now

Good read and great info , thanks

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ShannonSRT View Post
    So your intake starts at 94.5? This tuning school book makes you think you have to change the values for the IN/EX mins and maxs. I ask because this book says that both sides have to equal 228.5...
    The book only says to change the intake side mainly for "good housekeeping" purposes but they do highlight only changes to the exhaust are followed by the PCM.

Advanced Tuner

FWIW - 5.7L engines total up to 228.5, 392's add up to 241. If you read carefully in your book, you would see they are tuning a 5.7L truck.
    The non-HC course book I bought was tuning a 2015 charger with cam, heads and forced induction. But I think the hands on class uses a Ram as one of the members here mentioned.

OP the reason for the difference is because stock 5.7 and 6.4/6.2 cams have different LSA. See this thread for a better understanding of VVT
    https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...372-Can-timing
    ....although I thought stock, VVT can move the cam 18.5 degrees be it 5.7, 6.4 or 6.2 as the same phase is used in all 3 engines?
    https://www.chargerforums.com/thread...2-hemi.142378/
    https://www.racingjunk.com/news/2015/01/02/inside-the-hellcat/
    Last edited by Homer; 06-24-2019 at 12:56 AM.