Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Little help with 2015 SRT 392 tune with Apache Max Cam and cat deletes

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 06300CSRT8 View Post
    As long as you have the phase limiter installed, as instructed, you can never have clearance issues no matter how off you make the tune.
    Roger that!

Quote Originally Posted by ShannonSRT View Post
    Roger that!
    This is what I run with my 222/230 112 LSA and it works really well.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by kenandjenn4551 View Post
    This is what I run with my 222/230 112 LSA and it works really well.
    So your intake starts at 94.5? This tuning school book makes you think you have to change the values for the IN/EX mins and maxs. I ask because this book says that both sides have to equal 228.5...
    Last edited by ShannonSRT; 04-24-2019 at 06:39 PM.

So your intake starts at 94.5? This tuning school book makes you think you have to change the values for the IN/EX mins and maxs. I ask because this book says that both sides have to equal 228.5...
    Here is my intake table. On my 2015, the stock tune totals 241.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Senior Tuner
    I realize you need to be convinced in a lot of different ways and from many people about how the entire system works, but I have stopped trying to help as I have clearly told you exactly what to change, what you don't have to change, and you continue to further research and question. The Tuning School is a great book, but often gives recommendations on making changes without any real reason to do so and in fact recommends changing things that the writer of the book wasn't sure if it was required but "better safe than sorry" and recommended changing them, I described this to you as being "a cleaner tune." If you had a better understanding of how the VVT system works, you wouldn't be wondering so much about all the settings and looking for multiple affirmations from multiple people and have already fixed the issue with the car.

Hemitoona, myself, and few others have written out quite helpful responses to other folk's VVT questions in their threads, use google and/or search on this Dodge forum and you will find them.

FWIW - 5.7L engines total up to 228.5, 392's add up to 241. If you read carefully in your book, you would see they are tuning a 5.7L truck.

Tuner
    I realize you need to be convinced in a lot of different ways and from many people about how the entire system works, but I have stopped trying to help as I have clearly told you exactly what to change, what you don't have to change, and you continue to further research and question. The Tuning School is a great book, but often gives recommendations on making changes without any real reason to do so and in fact recommends changing things that the writer of the book wasn't sure if it was required but "better safe than sorry" and recommended changing them, I described this to you as being "a cleaner tune." If you had a better understanding of how the VVT system works, you wouldn't be wondering so much about all the settings and looking for multiple affirmations from multiple people and have already fixed the issue with the car.

Hemitoona, myself, and few others have written out quite helpful responses to other folk's VVT questions in their threads, use google and/or search on this Dodge forum and you will find them.

FWIW - 5.7L engines total up to 228.5, 392's add up to 241. If you read carefully in your book, you would see they are tuning a 5.7L truck.
    So everything else left the same....I just change what you told me...

Tuner
    Boom that's what I wanted to see....

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by kenandjenn4551 View Post
    Here is my intake table. On my 2015, the stock tune totals 241.
    Boom that's what I wanted to see...I figured out last night about the 241 part ….I started using the excel and came out with 109 on the intake I was almost there...lol Thanks guys

Tuner
    Quick run just to see where I was at...Kinda felt flat after 5k but I couldn't not spin the drag radials on the start...Went from a 3.7 to a 4.2 0-60 lol
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by ShannonSRT; 04-26-2019 at 10:52 AM.

Senior Tuner
    Have a log from before? Can overlay the aircharge, see if its taking in more air, i.e. making more power. Post the tune you uploaded.

Tuner
    Last edited by ShannonSRT; 04-26-2019 at 11:22 AM.

Tuner
    heres a log from before cam timing

Senior Tuner
    Followed your cam table exactly, that's good, problem is now you have almost no timing. Go to Spark->Advance and find the WOT Base table, copy the table, then open the WOT VVT Lockpin table, and paste in the values.

Lets get a fresh log with the added timing, then see the airflow again. Might want to retard the cam just a touch earlier, but i want a new log before that to check for any knock etc.

Senior Tuner
    Also, open the Airflow->Electronic Throttle-> Maximum Demanded Throttle Voltage, set the entire table to be 3.7998 (bottom value).

Senior Tuner
    Next log also please add Aircharge and Torque Source.

Senior Tuner
    YOu need to take a full read with the a8 transmission controller, there's nothing scanned in your tune read out, lots of torque limits in there that are keeping the throttle at 50% through 1st gear.

Advanced Tuner
    YOu need to take a full read with the a8 transmission controller, there's nothing scanned in your tune read out, lots of torque limits in there that are keeping the throttle at 50% through 1st gear.
    Woah, what?

Please elaborate!

Tuner
    from a dig 3.9 and spinning

Tuner
    Long 5th gear pull from a low rpm
    Last edited by ShannonSRT; 04-26-2019 at 03:13 PM.

Tuner
    Son has a BJJ tournament in Jackson MS tomorrow and we are fixing to leave...I can play more to help you out Sunday....Thanks again bro