Thread: 05 Silverado 2500 will not go into gear

Tuner in Training

05 Silverado 2500 will not go into gear

I have a 2500 with a 6.0L the customer replaced the ignition cylinder and the truck will start but will not go into gear I?m wondering if I use the mpvi to unlock the ecu and turn off vats if it will fix the problem any help is greatly appreciated

VATS is not the reason it won't go into gear.

Look into maybe a column issue if you can't pull the PRNDL selector down into drive or look at the linkage on the transmission if you pull into drive and nothing happens.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Did you disconnect the shift interlock?

Tuner in Training
    Where would the shift interlock be located at roughly? I?ll try that tomorrow

Is the selector not moving out of the park position? Its mounted to the side of the steering column and gets power through the Park/Neutral switch in the trans and then the brake switch.
    https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo...c=2650&jsn=594
    shiftlock.jpg

Tuner in Training
    According to the customer after they replaced a ignition tumbler with a new one because the keys got lost the truck gear selector will not come out of park. So that is my problem so far. I checked all fuses and they are good I?m about to check the shift interlock right now

Tuner in Training
    So far fuses are good and I can feel the shift lock actuate when I press the brake pedal but the vehicles still won?t come outta park

Quote Originally Posted by Arj1320 View Post
    So far fuses are good and I can feel the shift lock actuate when I press the brake pedal but the vehicles still won?t come outta park
    Do you have the column covers off? Maybe it?s not attached. You can actuate it manually.

Tuner in Training
    Well I found it the problem when the customer drilled out the original ignition tumblr they broke the cable that moves the pin in the column. Thank you everyone who posted with suggestions your help was greatly appreciated and helped me get to the root of the problem