Thread: Titan fueling adjustments

Advanced Tuner

Titan fueling adjustments

Hey all, well versed in GM tuning but have a Titan I'm playing with.

I have some some searching around online through ecutek and uprev documents, as well as poking through files and think I have a decent handle on this... but I'm not totally sure.

I'm assuming the MAF is the main fueling control here, and the VE tables are more of a sanity check or transient adder. What makes me question changing the MAF is the relatively low airflow limit for the table (256 g/s), doesn't leave much room to up the table.

Next there is the fuel compensation main table, which is load vs rpm. Reading an UpRev file, it talked about this being the main fueling adjustment table. Makes sense, just seems like a strange way of doing it.

Is one way better than the other?
    JTC Performance - Authorized HP Tuners Reseller
    Remote performance tuning

Quote Originally Posted by charcoal03silvy View Post
    Hey all, well versed in GM tuning but have a Titan I'm playing with.

I have some some searching around online through ecutek and uprev documents, as well as poking through files and think I have a decent handle on this... but I'm not totally sure.

I'm assuming the MAF is the main fueling control here, and the VE tables are more of a sanity check or transient adder. What makes me question changing the MAF is the relatively low airflow limit for the table (256 g/s), doesn't leave much room to up the table.

Next there is the fuel compensation main table, which is load vs rpm. Reading an UpRev file, it talked about this being the main fueling adjustment table. Makes sense, just seems like a strange way of doing it.

Is one way better than the other?

I have no help to offer here.. but i have a friend with an 08 titan that want's a tune so I thought i'd check into using my hp tuners instead of him pay $600 for a mail order tune or whatever it costs. So I'm curious about this.

Would you mind posting up or emailing me the tune file you have? I haven't upgraded my MPVI to the new version yet so i can't even read his tune file to get a feel for it. [email protected]
    2000 K2500 - 489 CI Vortec w/ comp XE270 cam - 0411 swap and rear mount turbo
    1972 M35a2
    2011 LML Duramax

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Obsolete489 View Post
    Would you mind posting up or emailing me the tune file you have? I haven't upgraded my MPVI to the new version yet so i can't even read his tune file to get a feel for it. [email protected]
    You can't open the file without an MPVI2 plugged in
    JTC Performance - Authorized HP Tuners Reseller
    Remote performance tuning

Quote Originally Posted by Pretender_Foo85 View Post
    I've had my 2011 Titan tuned. (Once on the dyno, other was revisions made online by a fellow I met on here.) Would either of you like to see a copy of the maps?
    I'd certainly take a file if you wouldn't mind. [email protected]
    1972 M35a2
    2011 LML Duramax

I'd be curious to have a look as well. A friend with an Armada.... Please send. [email protected]

That'd be great. I actually have my friend's Armada right now so this might get interesting

Hell yeah, and no worries on the response timing. I manually subscribe with emails for all threads i want to follow ha
    1972 M35a2
    2011 LML Duramax