Thread: 2007 GT500 Kenne Bell 2.8 twin 75mm TB

Tuner in Training

2007 GT500 Kenne Bell 2.8 twin 75mm TB

Hello everyone!
    I feel as if my MAF cal is correct, the car will start and idle. LT fuel trims are near 0 and ST fuel trims are withing 5%....
    I cannot really move forward with calibrating the throttle body, because it goes into engine fail safe mode as soon as i write the tune. I have set up a wheel torque error chart in the scanner so that i can log the error, but i cant even rev the car currently, there is no way id be able to log it due not be able to drive.

My starting point is a calibration that the car came with which had the KB 2.8 and this throttle body on there.
    In all honesty, im not sure if my maf cal is correct either, because of the engine failsafe mode error i get as soon as the tune is written. sarims first start tune.hpt

I have attached what im starting with in hopes that someone can see where im messing up.

Thank you in advance for any and all help! I love this forum!
    Last edited by sarimgt500; 06-07-2020 at 06:58 PM.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    you inverse among other things needed to be fixed try thissarims first start tune KB throttle.hpt
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Tuner in Training
    KB made changes to there throttle body a few years back got rid of the stiff stop spring replaced with soft stop spring you must change ETC default angle to 0 not sure if you can change it with HP tuners. SCT has a scalar under drive by wire. I'm sure it can be added to HP tuners. Check your throttle body push on the butterfly see if its open a little with engine off and you can push it closed against the spring it should take some effort if it is barley open and take no effort to close new design throttle body

yes the etc default will need to be changed to 0, until that point you can just plug up a stk throttle body after reflash, turn key on and let tbody cycle then plug back up mamouth and you will be good until next reflash

Tuner in Training
    Thank you all for your help! It is the older version throttle body. Version 7....
    I used to have this issue when trying to switch tunes back when i was tuned by Lund Racing. I always assumed it was an incomplete throttle portion of the tune that caused this.

I did try the changes that brother Sultan suggested i make, and it did idle back down after start up a lot smoother. Unfortunately i got home late, and dont want to wake the neighbors, so ill try doing the stock throttle body trick tomorrow and report back.

Thank you all again for your help!

Tuner in Training
    Update*
    Hello friends, So as suggested above, i am able to bypass the engine fail safe mode by connecting the stock throttle body only during the write process. Thank you all for your help. I used Sultans throttle tables as a starting point..... I am very grateful for the values given as it has enabled me to drive my car, but i want to learn the correct way to find this info for myself. I started off by taking the tables given to me and going through the table finding that some values seemed to be going down randomly, not following the progression of the other cells. So i have been addressing this in hopes of fixing what i think is the last of my issues.

The problem:
    Currently, i can comfortably stop the rpm at 250 rpm intervals and easily hold it there. all the way up to 4000rpm.... Dricving around the throttle feels great in vacuum but under boost i can see my boost gauge flutter at around 10psi. i have narrowed down my afrs to the point that i can go W.O.T. and see 18 psi, but i should be seeing roughly 21psi. The second and bigger problem in my opinion is that when coming to a stop sign or street light, the idle drops extremely low. I have adjusted the Park/Neutral spark and airflow. It seems to do the trick but after a short drive, it is back to doing the same thing. Is there something i can log that would help me get to the bottom of this? I have added my latest calibration, to show what i am working with. Please feel free to take a look and let me know if you can spot something i can address to fix this.maf high rpm adjustment and throttle fine adjustment.hpt

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    you will need a log of those issues so we can know what the pcm is doing/requesting
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by SultanHassanMasTuning View Post
    you will need a log of those issues so we can know what the pcm is doing/requesting
    Sure brother,
    Is there specific things you would like me to include in my datalog? also, would it be asking too much, if i ask how you came to these figures for the throttle body values? I can send a private message if that is info youd rather not disclose.
    Thank you again for all of the help!

The plugging in the throttle body after every reflash or pcm reset is something missing from hp software, hoping they will have engineering get that fixed soon

Tuner in Training
    good day. I wanted to ask what kind of torque management do you have on this compressor?