Thread: 3.8L l67 just a random question

Tuner in Training

3.8L l67 just a random question

Hello I'm just woundering if anyone knows on the old 3800 gtp is the ve kpa axis labeled for absolute certainty correct? Just ask as I've been messing around and from countless logging and messing around it almost seems to work best if I was to use the axis labeled 15,20,25,30,40,50,60,70,80,90,100,110,120,13,140
    Rather then
    Hope this makes sense can explain situation and such just woundering if its possible to be labeled wrong? Not trying to start anything with this post asking for an honest answer thx Tyson.

Advanced Tuner
    I believe its labeled the way GM wanted it. Why do you want to change it? The L76's dont idle at 20 kpa. Can you explain the situation?

I PERSONALLY wish HP Tuners would AT LEAST extend the VE table in the editor to 200 kpa (Im damn close to it. LOL!)
    Daily Driver= 2003 BMW 330xi
    Weekend Cruiser= 2009 Pontiac G8 GT (Vararam, TSP LS3 N/A Stage 1, OBX, CTS-V converter, MagnaFlows w/ J-Pipes, 160 t-stat)
    Project Car= 1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS (LQ4 w/ Gen 4 Rods, LS3 heads, turbo...)
    Truck= 2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT LY5 4x4

They can't extend what isn't there, not without some custom operating system.

Do the VE if you want but the MAF is the main player in those computers.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Ok reason I ask is setting up the ve table and dfco turned off so fuel is on full time so I can get the most out of the ve table kinda hard to tune a ve table when hptuners doesnt add the dfco tables but anyways I added them to my os so I have full control to properly dial in the ve now on decel with the oversized injectors its rich know after getting it to lean out using the ve table labeled how it is I ended up with 20kpa being 14afr 25kpa being 18afr lean spike and 30kpa back to good 14.7afr also I'm in open loop. Know when I tune the ve table labeled how I said above my lean spike is gone know at 25kpa only spot I richened was the 20kpa row in the ve was looking for a solid answer tho. Like yes it is for sure labeled as show 100%. Or No you are correct it could be labeled differently. Have to test my theory more could just be totally qoinsidins lmao. And yes I know its maf based but if I only tune maf car doesn't run true afr at all rpm and map reading if I do a full ve tune and maf tune I can drive the car at or how ever I want with no change in good afr. No ve tune no race car drivability.

Tuner in Training
    Maby an hptuners engineer can clear this up for sure.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
    Ok reason I ask is setting up the ve table and dfco turned off so fuel is on full time so I can get the most out of the ve table kinda hard to tune a ve table when hptuners doesnt add the dfco tables but anyways I added them to my os so I have full control to properly dial in the ve now on decel with the oversized injectors its rich know after getting it to lean out using the ve table labeled how it is I ended up with 20kpa being 14afr 25kpa being 18afr lean spike and 30kpa back to good 14.7afr also I'm in open loop. Know when I tune the ve table labeled how I said above my lean spike is gone know at 25kpa only spot I richened was the 20kpa row in the ve was looking for a solid answer tho. Like yes it is for sure labeled as show 100%. Or No you are correct it could be labeled differently. Have to test my theory more could just be totally qoinsidins lmao. And yes I know its maf based but if I only tune maf car doesn't run true afr at all rpm and map reading if I do a full ve tune and maf tune I can drive the car at or how ever I want with no change in good afr. No ve tune no race car drivability.
    Holy run-on sentence Batman! LOL!

Why dont you copy the tables (column/row axis's) from the editor and create a custom graph for the scanner? Then you can do a proper copy/paste.
    Daily Driver= 2003 BMW 330xi
    Weekend Cruiser= 2009 Pontiac G8 GT (Vararam, TSP LS3 N/A Stage 1, OBX, CTS-V converter, MagnaFlows w/ J-Pipes, 160 t-stat)
    Project Car= 1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS (LQ4 w/ Gen 4 Rods, LS3 heads, turbo...)
    Truck= 2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT LY5 4x4

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb71 View Post
    Holy run-on sentence Batman! LOL!

Why dont you copy the tables (column/row axis's) from the editor and create a custom graph for the scanner? Then you can do a proper copy/paste.
    Yes this is what I did made the scanner axis the way I think its layed out and tuned it that way. But looking for a for sure answer here.....