Thread: 2017 hellcat with mopar plug and play kit throttle relearn and crank relearn?

2017 hellcat with mopar plug and play kit throttle relearn and crank relearn?

I have a customer who just called me. He put a 2017 hellcat engine in an old duster. He used the mopar plug and play harness and ecu. It starts and goes into limp mode. the directions for the plug and play kit says that it must go to a dodge dealer to get the pedal programmed and the crank and cam sensor synced. The place he bought the engine is telling him that all can be done with hp tuners. Anyone have any experience with this?? we are thinking that's why its going into limp mode

Advanced Tuner
    The throttle relearn is part of the specialty function in VCM scanner. How is VSS being handled?

Advanced Tuner
    What DTC's are you getting?

Tuner in Training
    My hellcat swap in my miata runs and i didnt haft to do pedal learn.

Advanced Tuner
    Wonder why the instructions say to perform a pedal learn then?
    https://www.a2speed.com/images/media/p-2931-Hellcrate_EMS_Instuctions.pdf

pedal.JPG

Tuner in Training
    I also just finished a Hellcat swap in my drag car and I did the throttle relarn with HpTuners. I did then have a friend bring the wytech to my house and we did another learn and the cam/crank. Are all the sensors plugged in? I can tell you if the oil temp one was not connected, he will have issues.

Tuner in Training
    Yeah i read that too. But mine runs fine without having too. Whats weird is i cant even get into misc to do a pedal learn on a witech.....

Also having issues trying to write to pcm with hp.

I get controller init fail

Tuner in Training
    I just got my swap to the track for the first time this past weekend and I had the controller init fail a couple times, but when it would connect fine, it accepted my tune.

Tuner in Training
    No shit! what did yo haft to do to get it to connect right?

Tuner in Training
    Honestly I just tried a few times cycling the power to the car on and off and removing and re-installing the USB cord and such. Weird thing was I had a guy checking out my car because of the swap and he said he had just run into that a couple times the day before. Sorry I don't have a better answer.