Thread: Computer Requirement Question

Potential Tuner

Computer Requirement Question

I know there's tons of info already out there, but I wanted to confirm a laptop option. The latest computer requirements are 2.0ghz CPU minimum. Would the Dell 11.6" Inspiron 11 3000 Series Laptop work? I'm ignorant to the "Maximum Boost Speed" term and it appears some sites rate it at a 2.4, but the CPU is a "1.6 GHz."

SPECS:

CPU 1.6 GHz AMD A6-9220e Dual-Core
    Maximum Boost Speed 2.4 GHz

I'm also looking at an older Dell 3150 Latitude with Windows 7. Thanks in advance.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I would assume it would perform rather sluggishly in VCM Scanner which is more dependent upon processor speed.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

I'm using a small, slim 12" laptop with only an ancient AMD Turion X2 @ 1.6GHz, everything works fine. Logging tons of unnecessary channels too.

Unrelated, but a general tip: GET A SSD! My battery life went from ~3 hours to 5.5 just by ditching the mechanical drive.

It will work fine but you need to tweak windows to make it perform well, Windows uses a lot of resources but most of those resources are used for aesthetics and visual effects so you can free a lot of CPU power.
    I have an old one with a slower CPU than the AMD A6, it works good and the battery lasts 6 hours but it's slow. I also have a quad Core Precision which is a performance monster and it works wonderful, has a beautiful screen and backlight on the keyboard but it drains the battery quickly, so you need to balance what you want it to do.
    9 sec Montecarlo SS

Advanced Tuner
    I have an HP Mini 10 inch laptop (if you can call it that) with a 1.6GHz Atom CPU that I managed to squeeze Windows 10 on. It surprisingly met the min requirements with 2gigs of ram.

It runs windows verrry slowly. But, it runs the HP Suite quite well. Even scanning with many, many unnecessary channels.