Thread: 72lb Injectors Rich at Idle...Min Pulse Width issue?

Thumbs up 72lb Injectors Rich at Idle...Min Pulse Width issue?

All,
    I have tried adjusting the min milligrams in transient fuel and also the min pulse width table drastically to no avail .These are Deatschwerks 72lbs injectors and I entered all the injector data. Im still running rich at idle and am stumped. Id rather not change a ton of things before you guys view it. Thanks for the help!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Pull fuel from the VE yet?

Fuel pressure isn't going higher at idle is it?

Still staying steady?
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

yes, ive adjusted the VE a ton to no avail. Im not monitoring fuel pressure actually. Its a return less system so I probably should. It was measured at 58-60psi at during cranking though. I guess we need a fuel pressure gauge.

This has a 380lph pump

I?m thinking the fuel pressure is the issue now that I saw where the injectors are flowed at 43psi

I also dont think I adjusted the flow rate vs kpa table haha

I could see an issue you had 72lb/hr at 43.5psi in the table but are running 58psi or higher of fuel pressure.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    you need to log more P.I.D on the scanner. you may also need to reduce the injector offset vs volts vs vac... i reduced mine steps of 2% until i got the INJ MS down to about 1.85 then i adjusted ve and transient. again you are not logging enough P.I.D, also highly recommend getting a wide band to help with A/F error table.

What does PID stand for ? I have a wideband .

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    proportional integral derivative
    it is the name of the feedback control system
    in these cases recording pids means recording inputs, commanded outputs, actual outputs.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

I?m still unable to get below 2.4ms of injector pulsewidth . I changed transient to .001 , made sure the IFR is right , basically bottomed out the VE table at idle and still nothing . I also tried messing with the short pulse adder with negative values but nothing still. I started another thread on this in 4th gen because I realized it?s 4th gen