Thread: timing??

Tuner in Training

timing??

hey all im going to post a tune file and log if you will... im still learning this stuff i have only added i think it was 8 degrees of timing and changed the values of the torque tip in max. car feels fine no audible knock the knock voltage in the log reads the same as a stock log. just looking for advice and maybe a lesson on a histogram for the maf on a 2007 crown vic 4.6 thanks alot!! and dont worry if i blow up my engine its my own doing . i also have a 02 code right now thats before i tuned anything.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Holmes26977 View Post
    hey all im going to post a tune file and log if you will... im still learning this stuff i have only added i think it was 8 degrees of timing and changed the values of the torque tip in max. car feels fine no audible knock the knock voltage in the log reads the same as a stock log. just looking for advice and maybe a lesson on a histogram for the maf on a 2007 crown vic 4.6 thanks alot!! and dont worry if i blow up my engine its my own doing . i also have a 02 code right now thats before i tuned anything.
    Crown VIC.JPG

Attached is how to setup a datalog. Ignore the crossed out section. -numbers pulling fuel

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by mstang_man View Post
    Crown VIC.JPG

Attached is how to setup a datalog. Ignore the crossed out section. -numbers pulling fuel
    Thanks!! I appreciate the help.

Potential Tuner
    For the beginner, what mstang_man is showing is used for MAF calibration. At the top he clicked on the parameter link and selected Short Term Fuel Trim - Bank 1, and in the Row Axis, he clicked on the parameters and selected Mass Airflow Volts. He copied values from the left side of Engine> Airflow> General > MAF Calibration> Airflow vs Voltage and pasted them in the values box.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by dm63031 View Post
    For the beginner, what mstang_man is showing is used for MAF calibration. At the top he clicked on the parameter link and selected Short Term Fuel Trim - Bank 1, and in the Row Axis, he clicked on the parameters and selected Mass Airflow Volts. He copied values from the left side of Engine> Airflow> General > MAF Calibration> Airflow vs Voltage and pasted them in the values box.
    You Can also setup using Ad counts Vs Airflow insted of MAF Volts (its a preference) I also like to run a histogram of STFT+LTFT or I will only use LTFT It depends on the Vehicle.
    Attached Images Attached Images